Evan wearing the bad jersey

Cr1028

I've never had the feeling that I did last night for NT. I couldn't cheer as usual because my teams wears Green and White.

Who were those guys ? Would their coach say OK to anything they wanted to do ?

Perhaps this is a display of the lack of leadership we've been talking about.

It ws a disgrace and I was embarassed for them.

I hope a reason is found to keep the current coach home for the final road game of the year.

The end of this "us against them" era can't come quickly enough.

Despite last night, I remain,

GO MEAN GREEN

Guest GrayEagleOne

Congratulations, Coach Dickey! You've succeeded in ticking off even the one's that thought that you were a good person and wished you well in the future. Wearing all black was a tasteless, classless act to show disrespect for a university that supported your family for nine years and will for three more.

I hope by now that you've cleared out your locker and turned over the final game to Coach Evans. You are the most bitter ingrate in the history of coaching.

Congratulations, Coach Dickey!  You've succeeded in ticking off even the one's that thought that you were a good person and wished you well in the future.  Wearing all black was a tasteless, classless act to show disrespect for a university that supported your family  for nine years and will for three more. 

I hope by now that you've cleared out your locker and turned over the final game to Coach Evans.  You are the most bitter ingrate in the history of coaching.

Bravo Gray Eagle!!

Unfortunately, many of us have FINALLY come to the same conclusion. God Bless Dickey and his family, but he turned his back on UNT and I hope we have to hear of him NO MORE!

My son and many players have had to endure this man and his regime and I pray that these young men can overcome this disgraceful coach and staff, by learning how "NOT TO BE". These boys have all been taught to "respect your elders, and your coaches", they have looked up to these "heroes" and these men have let them down. We need to pray for the young and upcoming leaders at UNT - athletes and all students, that GOD will wrap HIS arms around them and protect them and LEAD them through all adversities, challenges, and the shortcomings of their coaches.

Bravo Gray Eagle! rolleyes.gif

Speaking of ER, that dude has some major moves. He may be one of the quickest hitting RB's we have seen in quite some time. SPJMo gets going on his second gear it seems. But "Emergency" seems to be at full speed when he hits the line but can cut off of it better. There were at least two highlight runs for him last night.

Rick

What was the purpose of the black jerseys? Did the Athletic Department have any official announcement on this? My only guess is a reference to a funeral, either our program is now dead or the players are mourning the loss of Dickey. The former seems to be very accurate at this point.

I was not there and had to do a double and triple take when I saw the image on the front page. At first I thought, “did it rain, is his jersey just wet?” Then I noticed the Mean Green lettering was not present. I definitely don’t like what they did.

My only guess is a reference to a funeral, either our program is now dead or the players are mourning the loss of Dickey. The former seems to be very accurate at this point.

Not to be an English language Nazi, but, don't you mean "latter"?

per dictionary.com:

former: being the first mentioned of two (distinguished from latter)

latter: being the second mentioned of two (distinguished from former)

Who's crappy A@# idea where these black unies? I walk in from Permian area, and my dad says "hey, what's up with UNT wearing all BLACK uniforms?" I was like "What are you talking about?" ONly to look at the paper and see not only all black, but nothing but numbers on those things.

Why again is DD coaching these last three game?

I would not have a problem with us wearing black uni's in the future, even last when i heard they were wearing black uni's i thought "cool," but when i saw the photos online this morning i thought we looked like a damn jr high football team. If we are going to wear black uni's in the future they need to have some green outlines and north texas across the chest in green. But not the pure black jr high uniforms.

Why wear ALL black when we are the MEAN GREEN???????????

I just can't believe that RV didn't make that team change at half. Frankly, I will shocked if we don't get some statement from RV tomorrow. How embarrassing.

The people that cut my hair love DD....hope they see how crappy that move was.

What a JOKE.