People wishing for Todd Dodge...

BIG DAWG

I happened to talk to a very close friend of Todd Dodge tonight, and he told me that there is no chance Dodge comes to NT if Dickey is fired. It deals with issues with his son only being a junior this year, and the fact that there might be more interesting offers on the horizon.

Take him off the list.

I happened to talk to a very close friend of Todd Dodge tonight, and he told me that there is no chance Dodge comes to NT if Dickey is fired.  It deals with issues with his son only being a junior this year, and the fact that there might be more interesting offers on the horizon.

Take him off the list.

I think he would be taking a paycut if he came here. SouthLake has a better Booster Club than we do!!!

I happened to talk to a very close friend of Todd Dodge tonight, and he told me that there is no chance Dodge comes to NT if Dickey is fired.  It deals with issues with his son only being a junior this year, and the fact that there might be more interesting offers on the horizon.

Take him off the list.

Yep they said the same thing when SLC was playing some Lousiana team on TV. The broadcasters talked about him moving up to the college ranks and that he wouldn't do anything until his son Riley(who is a junior) graduates. I guess that's one way to make sure your son is the starting QB.

Guest JohnDenver

Dodge isn't even on the top 5 highest paid HS coaches in the State.

Dodge didn't almost get a job with the Cowboys, a certain ex-UNT, DD assistant did.

It was actually between Dodge and said "certain" coach...

Posted on Thu, Aug. 31, 2006

Playmaker coaches

By TRAE THOMPSON

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Todd Dodge

Carroll

Give them the right players, and playmaking coaches put them in the perfect positions.

None does it better than Carroll coach Todd Dodge, who has produced the last four Class 5A Offensive Players of the Year in Texas: Chase Wasson (2002), Chase Daniel (2003, 04) and Greg McElroy (2005).

Dodge, named USA Today's National Coach of the Year in 2004, introduced a no-huddle spread offense with the Dragons that has continued to put up record-breaking numbers since Carroll moved to 5A in 2002. In last year's run to their second consecutive 5A Division II state title, the Dragons outscored opponents 110-0 in the first half of three of their playoff games.

Dodge's ability has been noticed. He was mentioned as a possible candidate for the head coaching job at Rice. He was also interviewed by the Dallas Cowboys for the vacant tight ends coaching position.