Predictions

Mad Hatter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyone predicts that we will score.  We have never shown anything other than the same ol' vanilla offense and UT's D-line and linebackers will eat that alive.  And which of our QB's gives you faith that a passing game against them is possible?

I too am confused as to where the score will come from. Maybe defense?

What part of our offense is any better than it was in 2004, WR's? Well Quinn is out, so that hurts us. UT's defense has only improved since the last time we met with the addition of Chizik. Will our defense be any better than the 65 it allowed 2 years ago?

I just dont see it.

I hope our guys come out fired up and prove everyone (including myself) wrong, I just dont see it being close!

I have more hope than 2 years ago, but not by much.

I say

Texas 45

NT 3

Our first play will be a JMo sweep to the right for no gain.

I've seen a little of the Texas QB's practice and they are both gunslingers. Texas will try to make this game an air attack. If we don't succesfully blitz, or cover, it's gonna get ugly quick. You know, 6 years ago when we had our stellar defense I actually had hope that we'd give them a good game, and we did. Man, I miss that defense.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone a recent father?(or mother)  Want to wager your child grows up to become a felon and goes to prison? Or, just in general, a loser?  I bet not.  I'm not willing to either.  We're birthing a new season of NT football and I refuse, no matter how much the odds are stacked against, to wager against NT.  Who hasn't told their kid they could become President if they really want it?

So with that:

NT: 24

UT: 21

(Besides if George Bush can become President isn't anything possible.)

Give'em hell boys.  I believe.

OK...first you question parenting skills on the board. Then you insult all of the Republicans on the board! mad.gif

Lighten up, friend, there is nothing wrong with being realistic. Tell you what: If UNT wins, or even comes within three (make it four wink.gif ) touchdowns, I will buy you a drink. Actually, I will buy you a dinner. Just send me a message with your address and I will send you a check. Sound fair?????

Edited by NCMeanGreen

North Texas - 10

UT total points = 45

Colt McCoy - 2 TD's passing

Jamal Charles - 2 TD's rushing

Limas Sweed - 1 TD's receiving

UT backups - yadda..yadda...yadda

...and who really cares what the score is? We will play all out, then NT players walk off that field with their heads up, no matter the score. SMU comes to town the following Saturday and THAT begins our run to a winning season. No offense to the players, but I want the SMU win at home. Beat UT if you can, but I dont hold the outcome of that game against anyone... USC couldnt beat them with Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush?

I will be in Austin with you guys, and I am just glad football season is back!

GMG!!!

I too am confused as to where the score will come from. Maybe defense?

What part of our offense is any better than it was in 2004, WR's? Well Quinn is out, so that hurts us. UT's defense has only improved since the last time we met with the addition of Chizik. Will our defense be any better than the 65 it allowed 2 years ago?

I just dont see it.

I hope our guys come out fired up and prove everyone (including myself) wrong, I just dont see it being close!

I have them scoring 6 (on two field goals), one on a turnover in UT's side and the other on a long play.

Anyone a recent father?(or mother)  Want to wager your child grows up to become a felon and goes to prison? Or, just in general, a loser?  I bet not.  I'm not willing to either.  We're birthing a new season of NT football and I refuse, no matter how much the odds are stacked against, to wager against NT.  Who hasn't told their kid they could become President if they really want it?

So with that:

NT: 24

UT: 21

(Besides if George Bush can become President isn't anything possible.)

Give'em hell boys.  I believe.

---Love the Bush comment...LOL... his dumb brother Neil was in Midland yesterday and a junior high kid asked him about him running for President. His response was to "Google my name in on the internet and you can see why I could never be elected" .... Good grief!!!, you would think he would just say he had no interest in politics rather than point out all his infidelities with prostitutes and others --plus his divorce mess---especially to a junior high kid. What a role model... so much for the Bush family values that they claim to have. He was also deeply involved in the largest savings and loan scandel, EVER, as well (Silverado).

---No prediction... I have seen a lot of strange games... winning is unlikely but stranger things have happened... Remember SMU/TCU or the Texans defeating the Steelers with only 50 yards offense two years ago..

If we go out on defense and hit some whorns in the mouth and on offense we are crisp with good execution I could care less of what the score is. The last thing I want is to see us play half-assed football with lots of mental mistakes. I'm expecting a big loss but I hope we can show them we're a physical and mentally tough football team. In my mind DD should be saying this to his players: If you lined up each team, UT could out run, out bench and flat out outplay us. They are just better athletes. But that's where heart comes into play. Each play wear them down. After every play the UT linemen should be thinking about the bruise you left him and the next hit thats coming.

My old football coach once said you can't make other people like you, but you can make the respect you, and you do that on the football field by playing with intensity and no fear.

My prediction: UT-42 NT-10.

---My old football coach once said you can't make other people like you, but you can make the respect you, and you do that on the football field by playing with intensity and no fear. 

---Great comment... applies to everything... I don't care if people (especially my students) really like methat much, just respect me. More parents and teachers need to learn this and do what should be done. We would have a lot less problems in the world. My daughter sometimes grumbles when I mention football that way but there is a lot to be learned from competition in general.

PS: ---Never give up!!!

If Meager is at the helm we do not stand a chance! I have not seen the other QB's in action, but they cannot be any worse! The kid had trouble getting the ball 30 yards down field last year. UT is just going to put 11 in the box and force us to throw the ball. Even Super Jamario can't run against that! I think this one is going to be very ugly......

UT-63

UNT-3

Jamario runs for close to 200 and we win the turnover battle 4 to 1. Our 3/4 slows down their running game and we pressure and sack their rookie QB 4 times including the last play of the game. After the final sack, Memorial Stadium is so quiet that you hear nothing but Bevo taking a dump and 200 scattered MeanGreeners going wild. We win 23-20. biggrin.gif

My prediction:

Texas    41

UNT      13

This game for us will be about developing talent and getting ready for the Buckeyes the next week. I think that the Mean Green will make a better showing than everyone predicts.

Russell, I hope you're right, but I just don't see us scoring a touchdown or holding you to 41. We'll only have 2 plays per offensive series because the 3rd will be a fumbled snap. No matter how good our defense might be, they can't hold up after being on the field for 45 minutes.

UT - 62

NT - 6

I'm gonna put it a little closer. 35-17 Texas. I think Jamario + Phillips will be good for at least two touchdowns. I'll give Hop a 35 yard field goal, too.

Weathers will have a block and a pick. Issac Thomas will have multiple TFLs. Chapman will have a sack. There will be good things to build upon for the biggest game of the year next week.

I predict this will be a huge payday for NT. UT's check will be good and will be a big help in funding the athletic program.

On the field, NT's players will fight hard and do their best. The team will perform in a manner that will not endanger NT's prospects of obtaining big checks in the future from schools such as UT, OU and LSU.

1) This is the last year of the UT series and it WILL NOT be renewed

2) Our gaurantee is $285K while UT rakes in $4 million

3) We refuse to play home games out of Fouts Field, which means you get none of the top 25 for home games. Playing overmatched on the road gets more injuries and no good press

4) Fighting hard could have some effect but depth will finally come through. I just don't want to see a "run up the white flag effort" after any UT success, i.e., Benson's run the last time ended the game almost before it started. rolleyes.gif

I see us getting a couple of field goals and that's about it. I figure their new QB will have a few mistakes to get out of his system, and that should give us good field position once or twice. Maybe Jamario breaks a 40 yarder to set up a field goal...we'll see. I just don't see us punching one in for a TD once (if?) we get in the redzone. Prove me wrong, please!