Mean Green at New Orleans

ADLER

Everyone complains about that basketabll team not winning on the road and worries about what the coaches are doing wrong. It takes support to win on the road. Everybody travels to see the football team play but when it comes to the basketball team or other sports at UNT there is a lack of support.

damn............ sad.gif

thougth bb would help us get over fb

but he has a point....there are at least a few people that travel wo=ith the football team...i am sure UNT had about maybe 3 fans last night....but i cant complain because i will get flamed for nto driving out to watch them play...stupid advanced video production class keeps me from anything cool

I agree with the road support, however, there are alot more road basketball games than football games. Its not like fans can go to every one. I would have loved to go to more games, but I have to work. I was able to go to the ATM game. Most of us go to road games when we can.

Everyone complains about that basketabll team not winning on the road and worries about what the coaches are doing wrong. It takes support to win on the road. Everybody travels to see the football team play but when it comes to the basketball team or other sports at UNT there is a lack of support.

Ok so now it is the fans fault for piss poor play and lack of coaching, so what was the excuse when they got embarrassed by a horrible ULL team, or the USA game at home in front of 5K fans? rolleyes.gif

Start looking at the coaches and not just the fans!!

We had about five fans there and I was one of them! We all need to face fact, when it comes to any other sport besides football no one cares but everyone has a solution to the problem. Being in the top 25 does not mean you cant support your team night in and night out. Everyone is still living in past but if you look back at the teams of the past and check the attendance you will see they had fan support. Not fans one night and none the next.

We had quite a few fans at the Lala game the other night. That didn't exactly seem to help much. Major travel to road basketball games just ain't gonna happen in the SBC even if we are a top twenty-five team. Maybe if we could flash back and get in the the old SWC, but not in the far-flung SBC. Go Steelers!

We had about five fans there and I was one of them! We all need to face fact, when it comes to any other sport besides football no one cares but everyone has a solution to the problem. Being in the top 25 does not mean you cant support your team night in and night out. Everyone is still living in past but if you look back at the teams of the past and check the attendance you will see they had fan support. Not fans one night and none the next.

From what I read, there were only 500 people there. That was no home court advantage for UNO. I don't care how many UNT fans were there or weren't there. There is no excuse to lose twice to a UNO team that has nothing to play for. And this game was basically in an empty gym.

mad.gif

Unless it's a spotlight game being played on national TV(i.e. Coaches vs. Cancer) or the game is in within a 3-4 hr radius of the school, you won't see many fans traveling to a road basketball game.

That radius is even tighter if the game is played on a week night.

mlm, I reiterate, since apparently you did not see the post. Most of us go to road games when we can. However, there are too many basketball road games, and like UNTfan23 said, weeknight road games dont help. When you are on the road, you have to accept the fact that there will more fans from the other team. Its a given. The players and coaches know, or at least they should, that when they are on the road, there are fans that are listening on the radio in support of them.