New UIL Districts for Highschool

Eagle-96

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...s.62d7c4ef.html

•Dallas ISD’s six 5A schools were the only ones placed in District 11. It was one of five six-team districts in 5A, which will qualify four teams for the football playoffs next season.

•Rockwall was grouped with the seven Garland schools to form District 10-5A. That means Rockwall no longer has to travel to Tyler and Longview for district games. That now falls on three Mesquite schools.

•The three Plano schools and Allen are moving back to Region II after a two-year stay in Region I. They will join Wylie, who moved up from 4A, Lake Highlands, Richardson and Richardson Berkner in District 9-5A.

•Fort Worth has 11 schools in 4A -- and they all will be together to form an 11-team district. That means all 10 of the schools’ regular-season football games will be district games.

•Celina is moving back to 3A after a two-year stay in 2A. It will be in District 9 along with Pilot Point and Frisco Wakeland, one of two new high schools in Frisco ISD.

•Declining enrollments in 3A necessitated the creation of five four-team districts - three in Region I and two in Region IV. Charles Breithaupt, executive director of the UIL, said the move was done in part to minimize travel concerns in those areas.

hmm they should have put Dallas Jesuit with the DISD schools make it 7 teams, pathetic that 2/3 of the teams in some districts will be playoff bound as for the 11 Team FTW district a couple of them could move 1 to District 6 with Azle and form an 8 Team and 10 Team district and of course the shocker!!! HP stays in 4A once again rolleyes.gif

I am very, very happy. Aubrey(my school) lost the three heavy-weights, as well as Callisburg(couldve recked havoc on us this year[Coach's HS I Believe]) and S&S.

I have seen our FB schedule, and if things go the way they have, we will have a district championship here. I know most people are long gone from thier HS football days, but I have two more years, and they will be great.

I am very, very happy. Aubrey(my school) lost the three heavy-weights, as well as Callisburg(couldve recked havoc on us this year[Coach's HS I Believe]) and S&S.

I have seen our FB schedule, and if things go the way they have, we will have a district championship here. I know most people are long gone from thier HS football days, but I have two more years, and they will be great.

Good luck to the Chaps! Anna and Farmersville should be the only competition in that district.

They have never been out of 4A

Not true, Highland Park played in 5A for most of the 80's, when they dropped to 4A there was some serious consideration to keep playing at the 5A level. (schools dropping down can petition to play up one level) The HP powerbrokers decided to play at the 4A level and they've been there ever since.

Not true,  Highland Park played in 5A for most of the 80's,  when they dropped to 4A there was some serious consideration to keep playing at the 5A level.  (schools dropping down can petition to play up one level)  The HP powerbrokers decided to play at the 4A level and they've been there ever since.

I can attest to that. I played at JJ Pearce in the late '80s and we played Highland Park every year in non-district play.

Keller Fossil Ridge moved down to 4a as expected and will absolutley destroy their district.

HP is a joke...I'm surprised to see Celina not weasel their way back into 2a...must have previewed a weak next couple of years in 3a.

---Schools aren't going to falsely adjust their enrollment numbers. It would be illegal I doubt any administrtors would want to take the personal risk just for sports reasons and second--- a district's funding from the state is based on enrollment.. less students means less money plus---- schools do not know what the cut numbers will be at the next the "redistricting". HP was absolutely a AAAAA school for a while. Their coach (Allen) is very good one and great guy, he was the coach that followed Gordan Wood in Brownwood and did well there as well.

---The real problem schools are those that are in a quickly growing mode, such as Plano was during the late 60's and 70's. They were winning in AAA when then actually AAAA size and during their AAAA period during were likely AAAAA size from day one because their classification was determined by the previous two-year average. They won several State-titles when they were several times the size of most schools they were completing against. Other schools have been the same boat but have never benefited so much. Then Plano went to the odd plan (two campuses, fr/so and sr/jr) they developed which allowed them to go over 5000 students which dwarfed most AAAAA schools even.

My old high school, Midland Greenwood (3A) is now in a 4 team district. Guess that means that even if they go 0-10 on the year, they will still go to the playoffs (the four best teams in each district go to the playoffs)! unsure.gif

I think there are 3 other districts like that out in West Texas.

At least they aren't in a district with Presidio anymore. Driving 4.5 hours for a district game sucked!

---Schools aren't going to falsely adjust their enrollment numbers.    It would be illegal I doubt any administrtors would want to take the personal risk just for sports reasons and second--- a district's funding from the state is based on enrollment.. less students means less money plus---- schools do not know what the cut numbers will be at the next the "redistricting".  HP was absolutely a AAAAA school for a while.  Their coach (Allen) is very good one and great guy, he was the coach that followed Gordan Wood in Brownwood and did well there as well. 

If memory serves me correclty, back in 1998 Mabank placed a fair amount of kids into a "private school" during the spring semester in order to attempt to stay in 3A and not move up. It didn't work, and I can't give you all the details, all I can say is that my dad coached for a school Mabank's district and had heard about a lot of sneaky stuff like that that happens.

If memory serves me correclty, back in 1998 Mabank placed a fair amount of kids into a "private school" during the spring semester in order to attempt to stay in 3A and not move up. It didn't work, and I can't give you all the details, all I can say is that my dad coached for a school Mabank's district and had heard about a lot of sneaky stuff like that that happens.

UIL enrollment numbers are turned in at the end of Oct. so moving students in the spring would not matter.

The most recent thing with this year's redistricting is that UIL violated its own rules by placing 11 Ft. Worth ISD schools in the same district. Their rules call for schools to be split into two or more districts under that situation. They are working with Ft. Worth administrators to work it out. The district with Azle, Boswell, Saginaw, etc only has seven schools so it would be a logical thing to move one or two FWISD schools into that district. Stay tuned.....