What was your degree?

HoustonEagle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Majoring in Emergency Administration and Planning as well, although no degree yet.

Minor is Geography.

I hope to work for the EPA, Coast Guard, or maybe the National Weather Service. Maybe I can get my Masters in Geography as well.

If you go for a Master's in Geography, hopefully UNT now has Graduate only courses, when I went Master's 50-75% of Grad courses were the same as undergrad, but the Applied is still great with the profs, to bad Dr. Schoolmaster is gone. wink.gif

If you go for a Master's in Geography, hopefully UNT now has Graduate only courses, when I went Master's 50-75% of Grad courses were the same as undergrad, but the Applied is still great with the profs, to bad Dr. Schoolmaster is gone.  wink.gif

I don't know about grad only, but looking online I think most of them are graduate courses.

B.B.A. -- Entrepneurship and Strategic Management in may 04

I have studied up for my GMAT exam, but am trying to find time to take the GMAT exam which i am terrified of taking. i intend to take my MBA in adminstrative mgmt soon.

I currently work as a property manager for my own properties, and basically pick up trash, kick and threaten hobos out of rental properties and do the occasional repo of cars, and hope that someone shoots at me so i can shoot back.

guess that UNT degree isnt really adding up for me right now, eh, im basically a business major who takes his job too seriously by doing things himself.

My dream job is to chase, predict, and monitor severe storms, tornadoes, and of course hurricanes.

BBA '92 Finance

MBA '96 Human Resource Management

Certified Management Accountant (CMA)

Started out in accounting, and hated it, so I got the Master's in HR. HR jobs didn't pay enough, so I'm still in accounting! But at least it taught me to manage my staff well (I guess). I've worked for Brinker, Michaels, and just started a new position with EDS.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

B.A. Political Science '87. Subsequently earned a law degree and am now a corporate attorney for the world's foremost transportation company, handling mainly technology matters and transactions.

B.S. 1983, Major: Computer Science, Minor: Music

I started out as a music major, so I had more hours in my minor than in my major!

I've been writing software for the insurance industry for the past 22 years (where has the time gone?), but I'm in-between jobs right now, thinking about a career change...

I know a couple of people in the Home Theater / Home Automation / Consumer electronics field, most notably my old Bruce Hall roomate, who is editor of "Home Entertainment" magazine, so I'm considering something in that direction. Sound_Man, I've checked out your web site; I'd like to get a chance to talk with you...

Hmm.  Moot-96.  EaglePoint.  I wonder if there's a code in there? smile.gif

"Eagle 96"

kinda creepy: I believe that's the Dickey audible for a draw on 3rd and 96.

laugh.gif

Got my degree in General Music w/all the credit hours of a Music Ed major, without the certification.

Currently a student at UT-El Paso pursuing MM in Piano Performance.

BS/MS in Accounting Dec. '03

Been working at KPMG for almost two years.

Passed the CPA 6 months ago but have been dragging my feet to get all the paper work in, so it ain't official yet dry.gif

Who knows...someday I may just quit my job and go to mechanic school to become a grease monkey. Would it bring you extra comfort to know that your mechanic is a CPA?!?! smile.gif

BA English

Career: CBT/WBT course development and learning-management system (LMS) consultant.

My time at NT showed me how to learn. I expected to come out with a piece of paper and a "ticket" to get a good job. Instead, I came out with a whole new perspective and the ability to go after any career/job/situation I set my mind to.

GreenGeek