Adopt a Player

Harry

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to take JaMario for obvious reasons plus the fact that he's from my home town, but that's not the direction of this thread. So I'm picking someone I know nothing of, just b/c he attended the same JC as me.

Marquis Ellison DE 6-1 255 Jr. Houston, TX (Kilgore JC)

I was the biggest Awasome fan for so long, I had to pick a DE.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I would like to select Brandon Monroe the 6-2 225lb So., who made the most electrifying tackle in the NO Bowl...it was also the one that ended his season. I really believe that this Brandon is something special...he's fast and should put on another 10-15 lbs over the next few years...look for this guy on your All Sunbelt team providing we stay healthy.

Monkeypox, giddy as schoolgirl, pulls the name James Mitchell out of his hat.

Mitchell, despite his size, was a primetime blocker for record-setter Jamario Thomas last year. Who said a fullback had to weigh in at 250lbs? And when he was needed as a starter, he stepped in and didn't miss a beat.

The biggest factor in Monkeypox's decision to take Mitchell off the board in what he refers to as "the steal of the draft, not counting the clipboard I stole," was this factoid:

"Did not have a run for negative yardage in 41 carries."

That ain't easy, folks. .

I'm picking Euless hometown boy Chris Eidd, OL #78 and daughter is picking Truman Spencer, PK #27 from Mesquite. Both Freshmen. Does anyone have any info on them?

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2

ParksAndRecRick is proud to pick next.  And, I am proud to stay with another home boy from Grand Prairie....the town that brought your Nick Zuniga!

It is with pleasure we pick  T.J. "Big Cat" Raymond.

I believe the Warrior is ready to rock in 2005!

See ya Saturday!

Rick

Excuse me Sir!

I don't think I traded away my draft choice. T.J Raymond is the property of the Meangreenfreak Player Adoption Program and we retain sole possession of those rights.

Now..if you want to talk trade...I'll entertain an offer..but it better be real good.

ParksandRec there may be many serious penalties arising from this. Its clearly stated in Article C Section 1.2 that "once a player is drafted he is no longer available to anyother gomeangreen.com board member." This rule has never been broken before so I suggest that you and meangreenfreak work out a deal before the office of the commish(Harry) has to become involved in this matter.

ParksandRec there may be many serious penalties arising from this.  Its clearly stated in Article C Section 1.2 that "once a player is drafted he is no longer available to anyother gomeangreen.com board member."  This rule has never been broken before so I suggest that you and meangreenfreak work out a deal before the office of the commish(Harry) has to become involved in this matter.

Thanks H for gett'n by back. We are in uncharted waters here. A precedent will be set.

In the word if the infamous Mr. T - "I Pitty The Fool!"

ParksandRec there may be many serious penalties arising from this.  Its clearly stated in Article C Section 1.2 that "once a player is drafted he is no longer available to anyother gomeangreen.com board member."  This rule has never been broken before so I suggest that you and meangreenfreak work out a deal before the office of the commish(Harry) has to become involved in this matter.

The poster's union will never allow sanctions to take place. At the least, the penalties will be reduced... rolleyes.gif

Poster Player

Harry Travis Thompson

Chad Cooley

Corey Fitzgerald

FireFightinRick Jason May

Zeke Eddrick Gilmore

Emmitt01 Ja’Mel Branch

Twodollarpistols Nick Bazaldua

Medpilot21 Isaac Thomas

Meangreenfreak T.J. Raymond

Bigrobdsp Johnny Quinn

Eagle-96 Maurice Holman

SilverEagle Gary Elmore

GreenEyedMonster Derek Mendoza

Stan_R Keronna Henderson

MeanGreen61 Sky Pruit

Green Flag Chad Rose

GreenN’walinsVet Matt Phillips

greensleaves Cliff Higgs

H-towngreen Brandon Jackson

Illuvius32 Charles Brown

EagleD Marquis Ellison

Stevegreen Brandon Monroe

Andrewrozell Phillip Graves

Green Nightmare T.J. Covington

GreenBat Brock Stickler

Cerebus Justin Winters

Monkeypox James Mitchell

Class84 Colt Mahan

NTEdgex2 Chris Eidd

Truman Spencer

Talon90 Daniel Meager

* Still awaiting ruling for the ParksandRecRick/meangreenfreak issue biggrin.gif

untgirl, after carfully scouring the ranks of players, and nervously watching the clock wind down, has finally made a selection!

untgirl is proud to pick #21 Roy Bishop! This jack-of-all offensive trades has done it all - Wide Receiver, Special Teams, Running Back. Roy's offensive skills make him an invaluable utility player for any potent offense, and I look for great things from this well-rounded senior.

Roy's our Boy! Roy's our Boy! (sorry, Smash Bros. reference there....) tongue.gif

Edited by untgirl04

doh! they need to update the rosters again then. Ok....untgirl proudly picks #13 Kartay Agbottah, Fr. DB.

Not only was Kartay a key member of the 6-5A District Champion defense, he's got his stuff together off the field.

Kartay was on the MacArthur Academic Honor Roll as well as named to the Who's Who of American High School Students. I predict great things from Kartay both on and off the field.

Sorry guys, haven't come up with my catchy chant yet - but it's coming!

Edited by untgirl04