WE WILL BE TEARIN DOWN FIELD GOAL POSTS

UNT_playmaker

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, let's tear down the goalposts!!!!!!!

Wait, I've had a change of heart. I now would like to vote AGAINST having a regional tv crowd say "wow, that's about the most high schoolish thing I could have imagined. Isn't this their fourth conference title in a row...and they beat who, Idaho?"

Yeah, tearing down goalposts is a negative ghost rider. <_<

My 2 cents also go towards NOT tearing down the goalposts this year. Yes, I had a good time rushing the field the last 2 years, but hmmmm, let me see ...

* Every pre-season magazing I know picked us to win the Sun Belt ... so we're delivering on that promise

* It's Idaho

* My vote is to heed that ol' advice "act like you've been in the end zone before". Enjoy it, have fun, but it's not like we're a miracle story or just beat a Top 25 team.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Tearing down the goalposts on Saturday would be EXTREMELY lame.

Than be prepared to see a lot of Lame occur this weekend. We EXPECT to win the Sun Belt, we have no reason to do something like that. Unfortunatly, I feel it is inevitable.

I think we should not tear down the goal posts but we should still swarm the field for the "Inviaaaaatayshun" and to congratulate the team and to honor our outgoing seniors!!!

Our Seniors include: (Please feel free to add any seniors that I might leave off. I am making this list off the top of my head)

Scott Hall

Andy Brewster

Brad Kadluabar

Evan Cardwell

Jonas Buckles

Walter Priestley

Markeith Knowlton

Lonnie Chambers

Michael Pruitt

Tommie Harrison

Adrian Awasom

Congratulations seniors!!! We are so proud of you and we thank you for your contributions to this team and to the Mean Green program!! Are you sure you guys can't stick around for a couple more years????? wink.gif

Come on Mean Green Nation. We have 6 days to get people to the Idaho game. 6 days to get 30,500 butts in the stands to witness the Mean Green lock up their 4th straight conference championship out right by ourselves and a bid to the New Orleans (aka North Texas) Bowl!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!! BEAT THE HECK OUTTA IDAHO!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing as how I have never been able to do it, I am slightly for it, but if it really costs the university 30,000 dollars, then put the swat team out there to protect the goalposts,

do you think we could advertise that? "If we win, you can come on the field and tear down the goalposts!" Might get a few more here?

Since it is not up to Alumni if Goals are torn down or not most of you have been there!

Keep in mind this is up to the students! If the students want to tear down the goal post then they will do it regardless of what any of you Alums post.

I am a 33 year old Alum and I will not be running to tear down any goal post, but by the same token if there is a 18-22 yr old student who has the zeal to do it, then let him!

Nothing said on this board will stop it from happening since it is comprised of Alumni for the most part.

So just sit back in your season ticket spot and see what the student body does!

Maybe they will, maybe they won't! My guess is if we have a good crowd and some leader emerges to get everyone together then it will happen! And who cares if it cost 30,000 let them have their college experience!

Keep in mind this is up to the students! If the students want to tear down the goal post then they will do it regardless of what any of you Alums post.

This is not up to the students. It's not up to who posts what. I think more of it has to do with what Rick V wants than anything else. He has let us tear it down before by leaving one unguarded, but he could just as easily change his mind and guard them both (here's hoping he does).

It would be lame to tear it down, and if one does go down, it will be a little embarassing.

Besides, if no more students show up than the last home game, they may not have the manpower to do it anyway.