A Scott Leaving Us

3 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

Wish him the sort of best.  Loved watching him play here, but I had a feeling he’d transfer. It’s what college sports has become. I will not root for him bc he will be playing for a team I care nothing about. GMG!

I feel similarlyish. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

He gave us his all for 3 years, he doesn't owe anyone anything other than to do what's right for him.  I can't think of any player in a UNT uniform that put as much effort on the floor as this man did.

This should be a thread celebrating his achievements and nothing else.  

Its the head coach's job to backfill with talented players that aren't seeing playing time at p6 programs or with high producing players at lower tier programs.  That's how this works, get used to and quit crying about it.   If the coach cant do it that's on him and him alone.  Adapt or die

Edited by aprice
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 3

9 minutes ago, Jdawg48 said:

Okay sorry but AINT NO WAY IN HELL THIS HAPPENS...RIGHT?

Screenshot_20240402_111855_X.jpg.f0f35a137604a8e50ef26f7551aa080a.jpg

I think he should be able to go to whatever school he wants BUT if he goes to one of our conference rivals, I'll boo the heck out of him! I also don't think he is a legit NBA talent at this point in his career. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, aprice said:

He gave us his all for 3 years, he doesn't owe anyone anything other than to do what's right for him.  I can't think of any player in a UNT uniform that put as much effort on the floor as this man did.

This should be a thread celebrating his achievements and nothing else.  

Its the head coach's job to backfill with talented players that aren't seeing playing time at p6 programs or with high producing players at lower tier programs.  That's how this works, get used to and quit crying about it.   If the coach cant do it that's on him and him alone.  Adapt or die

To the first 2 paragraphs...Kim Mulkey would call him a quitter and never speak to him again.  🙂

Now...as to the last part.  Not every coach is in this game to just win games.  Many/most of them are in it to develop people and build relationships.  This current reality is going to run some of the best off and attract a different kind of person and coach.  

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1