BREAKING: Jason Edwards to enter transfer portal

When a kid goes to a place like Vanderbilt, I always assume it’s not for athletic purposes, but more for academic reasons.  Naive of me I’m sure, but that’s what I like to tell myself.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NT93 said:

When a kid goes to a place like Vanderbilt, I always assume it’s not for athletic purposes, but more for academic reasons.  Naive of me I’m sure, but that’s what I like to tell myself.

30 years ago, sure. Vandy is trying to keep pace nowadays. They were one of the last to lower their academic standards. And they don't call it that and it's hard to find the evidence outside of, "exceptional cases of admission." That's what they like to call it in an attempt preserve their academic standing. And that started in 2010/2011 for Vanderbilt. As far as I know, Stanford was the last D1 holding their athletes to the same standard as their students. But I haven't looked into that in several years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

56 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Jason Edwards’ agent is running his recruitment. And agents don’t make commission on the value of your college degree…

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I want players that want to win.  Obviously, this isn't important to Edwards, or as important as the cash.

But if he has an opportunity to graduate from a private school like Vandy, maybe his post-athletic career is heavy on his mind.  Totally guessing, tho.

• Lovely Take 1