K-State is losing to Iowa

1 minute ago, BigWillie said:

I mean, at least he got paid, right??? Right?

Made 250,000 dollars to bounce his team out of the first round of the NIT. Sounds like a bargain 

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Kid was a class act, represented us well, daggered UAB to win the NIT, never said a bad word about us and left because of this F’ed up NIL that paid him a quarter of a million which would be hard to turn down. 

How about we treat him with the same class?  Kid doesn’t deserve this. I was critical of him when he left, but he’s a class young man. Time to let it go. 

I understand all of that. 

I don't despise the guy. I don't wish ill will towards him. But I will say it was sugary sweet watching Kansas State and Xavier lose as we advanced. 

But TP ingrained himself into our culture and embodied it. Then left it, for peanuts. In his heart of hearts, I gurantee you he wishes he stayed. 

But, meh. Onto rd2 of NIT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3

3 hours ago, CMJ said:

Two hundred fifty grand isn't peanuts.  I'd love to make that over 5 months!

Good return over 5 months. Also, not life changing. He turned his back on culture to what will amount to 190ishk after taxes. Look, I ain't mad at him. Ultimately, I honestly don't care. It was just fitting to watch karma take care of all that in 1 night. But he will definitely find a seat next to Drez on the "I shouldn't have left" couch. My only question is, will he be as open about it as Drez was? I hope. Good recruiting pitch for us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Good return over 5 months. Also, not life changing. He turned his back on culture to what will amount to 190ishk after taxes. Look, I ain't mad at him. Ultimately, I honestly don't care. It was just fitting to watch karma take care of all that in 1 night. But he will definitely find a seat next to Drez on the "I shouldn't have left" couch. My only question is, will he be as open about it as Drez was? I hope. Good recruiting pitch for us. 

How do we know he got all that money?  I read that schools frequently don’t follow thru on their NIL commitments.  And now he can’t be a UNT alumnus because he will graduate from Kstate. How will Kstate treat him now that his eligibility is gone?  Will he be in their Hall of Fame?  It’s sad.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It was just fitting to watch karma take care of all that in 1 night.

I guess I'm not understanding.  What is "karma" about this?  What did it "take care of"? 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

You say the money is not life changing.  At his age, if he puts $100K in a Roth fund, he is able to retire a multi-millionaire at 50.  That is life changing. 

I'm sure that's exactly what is happening. 

26 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

How do we know he got all that money?  I read that schools frequently don’t follow thru on their NIL commitments.  And now he can’t be a UNT alumnus because he will graduate from Kstate. How will Kstate treat him now that his eligibility is gone?  Will he be in their Hall of Fame?  It’s sad.

We don't. And I've read the same. No. He won't be in their HoF and shouldn't be in ours. 

26 minutes ago, LongJim said:

I guess I'm not understanding.  What is "karma" about this?  What did it "take care of"? 

Seems pretty self explanatory. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, meangreenfaninno said:

He did graduate from North Texas.  He's currently in grad school at KSU.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Pissed 1

14 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We don't. And I've read the same. No. He won't be in their HoF and shouldn't be in ours. 

Seems pretty self explanatory. 

Last night stats

Edwards - 16 pts

Perry - 8 pts

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

40 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

You say the money is not life changing.  At his age, if he puts $100K in a Roth fund, he is able to retire a multi-millionaire at 50.  That is life changing. 

Pretty sure he's ineligible for a Roth if the IRS is seeing him bring in $250k in a year.  And maybe I need a new money guy, but isn't the regular IRA max this year still $6500?

I get the sentiment of what you're saying... but you aren't hiding $250k pretax into a Roth IRA in a single year.

Hopefully he's well diversified in Bonds, Treasuries, Equities, his IRA, etc etc. 😅 Basically I hope he didn't go out and buy a Hellcat with that money (if he got it).

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Could you imagine how hard TP (and any other player at any other school) would drag them in social media and all over the internet if his NIL deal wasn't honored?   
Kansas State would never get another player to transfer in if they did that to him.

14 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

He's a smart dude with a degree from UNT.   He was never a flashy guy while here.  I highly doubt he turned into one in Manhattan, KS.   
Unless he used it to take care of his parents, I would bet that's exactly what he did with it (if not both).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Kid was a class act, represented us well, daggered UAB to win the NIT, never said a bad word about us and left because of this F’ed up NIL that paid him a quarter of a million which would be hard to turn down. 

How about we treat him with the same class?  Kid doesn’t deserve this. I was critical of him when he left, but he’s a class young man. Time to let it go. 

I have mixed feelings on it, tbh. On one hand, I get the money, it's very hard to turn down, but on the other hand, I see why it sucks to see him go. 

As far as karma, I do feel bad for him this season and honestly was hoping for a NT-KSU championship.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Could you imagine how hard TP (and any other player at any other school) would drag them in social media and all over the internet if his NIL deal wasn't honored?   
Kansas State would never get another player to transfer in if they did that to him.

He's a smart dude with a degree from UNT.   He was never a flashy guy while here.  I highly doubt he turned into one in Manhattan, KS.   
Unless he used it to take care of his parents, I would bet that's exactly what he did with it (if not both).

As for schools not honoring their full NIL commitment, that's happening. 

• Haha 1
  • Ray 1

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

As for schools not honoring their full NIL commitment, that's happening. 

Jayden Rashada at Florida in Football not getting his money.

Or the flip side there Kayden Proctor who took NIL money and then bounced back into the portal.

Cam Rising taking half a mil and never playing a snap last season.

It's very much the Wild West our there for both Collectives and Players.

• Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

He has his degree from UNT, Jesus some of you just want to bitch and run over former players. He graduated and took his COVID year. He is a UNT Alum

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1