Florida Atlantic (3/15/24)

Just now, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

I don’t think Edwards stays. Some big school will want him and offer him $$$

He’ll, they could all leave. That’s why I said “potentially”.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Allen is a junior. Sissoko plays soft, has a nice finesse game but he needs to play angry. We could potentially bring everyone back but Allen, who leaves a big hole that has to be replaced.

Off topic, I will never buy Lululemon pants after today. 

Allen is a junior? I thought he was a 5th year senior?

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We need defensive minded guards. If Ross is going to be our dude, then defensive minded guards are a must. We also HAVE TO GET BACK TO MCCASLAND PACE OF PLAY. We played faster on offense this year and sucked worse. Slap the floor, bow your neck, whip ya dick out, and DEFEND. That's the bread and butter of this program. I'll high five you over a step back 3, but I'll fall in love with you over smothering, suffocating defense. 

We were the third-slowest team in the nation.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

I don’t think Edwards stays. Some big school will want him and offer him $$$

I don't see it. Guy is a defensive nightmare and turnover prone as the 1, and too small to be the 2 at a major. But if he goes I absolutely do not wish him well. I wish him defeat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Allen is a junior? I thought he was a 5th year senior?

5th year senior - Grad student

2022-23 (Ole Miss)
Appeared in all 33 games for Ole Miss, making 13 starts … Averaged 16.2 minutes, 4.4 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 1.2 assists per game … Scored a season-high 15 points in the season opener against Alcorn State on November 7 … Pulled in a season-best seven rebounds four times … Scored in double figures in five contests … Dished out a career-best five assists in the Rebels’ win at Georgia on February 7 ... Finished his collegiate career with 742 total rebounds

2021-22 (Ole Miss)
Made four starts in eight appearances for the Rebels before going down for the remainder of the 2021-22 season after suffering a knee injury against Memphis … Averaged 6.5 points and 5.4 rebounds per game for the Rebels prior to his season-ending injury, while also tallying seven blocks and five steals on the defensive side of the ball … Saw double-figure points in back-to-back games against Mississippi Valley State and Rider, where he notched 11 points in each contest while shooting 7-of-15 (46.7 percent) from the field across that two-game stretch … Named to SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll

2020-21 (Ole Miss)
One of four Rebels to play in all 28 games … Primarily came off the bench, but made eight starts and averaged 16.1 minutes per game … Averaged 3.6 ppg and 3.2 rpg … Shot 46.4 percent (32 of 69) from the field, 16.7 percent (2 of 12) from beyond the arc and 68.6 percent (35 of 51) from the free throw line … Scored 12 points off the bench in a win over Central Arkansas (Dec. 14) … In a start at Auburn (Feb. 6), recorded 12 points and five rebounds in a season-high 37 minutes to help the Rebels beat the Tigers in overtime … Pulled down a season-high eight rebounds in the SEC Tournament win over South Carolina (March 11) … Registered a team-high three blocks against rival Mississippi State (Feb. 20) … Named to the SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll

2019-20 (Samford)
Finished with a team-high 43 blocks through 32 games … Scored 14.1 ppg and pulled down 7.0 rpg, ranking second on the team in both categories … His 1.3 blocks per game was third in the Southern Conference, while his rebounding average ranked fifth … Recorded four 20-point games throughout the season … Shot 43.0 percent from the floor, knocking down 32 three-pointers as well … Posted a double-double with a career-high 28 points and 11 rebounds against UNC Greensboro (Feb. 9) … Put together 17 points and 10 rebounds against SEC foe Alabama (Dec. 18)

2018-19 (Samford)
Played in all 33 games and started 31 of them … Named to the SoCon All-Freshman Team...Averaged 9.9 ppg by shooting 47.5 percent from the field … Ranked second on the team and fifth in the SoCon with 8.3 rpg … Scored in double figures 18 times, including a season-high 19 points in a 107-106 overtime loss at Wofford (Jan. 24) … Produced five double-doubles in his debut campaign … Tallied 13 points and a career-high 18 rebounds at The Citadel (Feb. 23).

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

They never issue statements on a player's health.

I didn't know that, because this tournament, like all others, is legally gambled on in certain states and knowledge of a players health is important. I think all professional teams are required to provide this information but not 100% sure. With the way NIL is moving this may change as college sports become more professional but I appreciate you bringing me up to speed. Thanks

• Upvote 2

I thought for sure, slugging it out night after night with FAU, we could get at least one to swing in our favor.  But they kept coming out on top.

Frustrating to never get over that hump.  Not once in two seasons/5 tries.

I think Dusty is a top name at Ohio State Louisville, right? He'll be gone, Davis will leave with him (maybe go somewhere else, though), and I won't miss them.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I thought for sure, slugging it out night after night with FAU, we could get at least one to swing in our favor.  But they kept coming out on top.

I think Dusty is a top name at Ohio State, right? He'll be gone, Davis will leave with him (maybe go somewhere else, though), and I won't miss them.

We need them both go stay. We need every team to be as good as possible. So, when one day, we're not in USFs shoes. 

2-bid league 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I think Dusty is a top name at Ohio State Louisville, right? He'll be gone, Davis will leave with him (maybe go somewhere else, though), and I won't miss them.

The difference was FAU has a player who comes up biggest in “go time.”   

Did you notice that, in all three games, it was tight with about 3 minutes to go and they put the ball in Davis’ hands.  From there he either got to the bucket (with or without an extra step or push off) and scored or he made the smart pass out of the double team.   

Who was that guy for us?  

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Did you notice that, in all three games, it was tight without about 3 minutes to go and they put the ball in Davis’ hands.  From there he either got to the bucket (with or without an extra step or push off) and scored or he made the smart pass out of the double team.   

Who was that guy for us?  

We have an All-AAC 1st teamer that decides with < 10 seconds left, when we are down 6+, that he wants to drive for layups.

So there's that. 😢

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Did you notice that, in all three games, it was tight without about 3 minutes to go and they put the ball in Davis’ hands.  From there he either got to the bucket (with or without an extra step or push off) and scored or he made the smart pass out of the double team.   

Who was that guy for us?  

I think they wanted the guy to be Aaron and that may have been why he stayed but that’s not his game.  He is a great complementary player but not Tyler perry.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Who was that guy for us?  

Sort of a wishy washy comment. They are generally better than us across the board. Davis exceintuated that, bit they were often better across the board. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1

May looks like good fit for Michigan. And yes we need teams in our league to be good and sharpen each other’s saws.

San Antonio needs to step up because they would bring fans to Fort Worth. How long are we at Dickies? I love it but if we ever move it, it should go to New Orleans. 

GMG

• Upvote 1

Sissoko was a major disappointment this year. He graduated so I wouldn't mind if he moved on. A. Scott isn't a lead dog. I hoped he would become that this year but he's a great role player. Have to bring in a couple of bigs that can rebound and protect the rim. As someone else mentioned, nobody really knows who will stay or go these days. I trust Hodge and staff to bring in the right pieces. We HAVE to get better at running out of bounds plays and end of half/game sets. That's where Forte is supposed to help as an offensive coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hope they recruit hard at the juco level for size. If most come back and we add size up front, that’s progress. Coach Hodge needs to improve on offensive sets. Too many iso plays out on the wing or back down dribble offense. Anyways, hopefully they give our new recruits a shot at the rotation next season. 
Anyways, we didn’t do as well as I was hoping, but we never backed down from any team. We were competitive against everyone with the exception of one or two teams if I recall. Hope the guys see that and feel they have unfinished business for next season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NM Green said:

How long are we at Dickies? I love it but if we ever move it, it should go to New Orleans. 

Awesome idea if you want the stands to be the same 50 retired fans that can pack up and leave DFW for a week.  

We need to advocate the AAC as long as we're in it to keep this tourney in DFW.  We have something like 200k local DFW alums. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Shark84 said:

Sissoko was a major disappointment this year. He graduated so I wouldn't mind if he moved on. A. Scott isn't a lead dog. I hoped he would become that this year but he's a great role player. Have to bring in a couple of bigs that can rebound and protect the rim. As someone else mentioned, nobody really knows who will stay or go these days. I trust Hodge and staff to bring in the right pieces. We HAVE to get better at running out of bounds plays and end of half/game sets. That's where Forte is supposed to help as an offensive coach.

Allen should have been starting all year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1