FAU (1/28/24)

Big Z

Just now, meangreenacct said:

Yea - that’s my thought process, especially with how hot he has been lately. They were still going to have time on the clock either way. If anything, I would have preferred trying to go 2 for 1 since we started possession with like 45 seconds.

same...but it's just not in our DNA to go quick in a half-court set. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, outoftown said:

I don't hate him taking that shot as much as some of you. Yes waiting sure IS the better play there. But he is super open, and in rythm and has no reason to not be confident, chances an equally good opportunity to drain it will not be coming. Also this ball comes there very quick, its not like he has two seconds to think about it, as he gets the ball almost out of nowhere so freely at the arc.

That’s fine, but shoot with confidence. It seemed like he was flailing as the defender was closing in on him

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Need to see us play Memphis, but if healthy I have no doubt we can contend with any team in this conference come tournament time. Charlotte and Fordham are the only bad losses in my mind. (Although a few others could have been easy wins). 

Charlotte continues to show that wasn't a bad loss, other than the margin.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, meangreenacct said:

Also I think if we have a healthy Jones we win the game, that’s how close we are.

But we can’t keep saying things like this when we don’t win. Facts is, we didn’t have him. Whomever we have needs to execute, be efficient and make good decisions. For the most part, this team has done that. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 3_n_out said:

But we can’t keep saying things like this when we don’t win. Facts is, we didn’t have him. Whomever we have needs to execute, be efficient and make good decisions. For the most part, this team has done that. 

My point was if we can be healthy in conference tourney - I believe we can beat anyone in this conference. We really need another ball handler.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Otaku said:

I thought it was a clear foul when he was hanging on Nolan's back on the out of bounds play that hit Edwards on the shoulder. They reviewed it and didn't call it.

I don’t think they can review to cal a common foul there. Think review was just for the out of bounds.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

My favorite part of UNT basketball is the second half fouls calls simply for being more aggressive on defense. 

I don't know what a foul is anymore. Can a player not jump into the air to block a shot? I feel like I see this every game, not just ours, when a player jumps up and the attacking player initiates contact, but it's called a foul on the defense. How are you supposed to defend any shot?

11 minutes ago, meangreenacct said:

Also I think if we have a healthy Jones we win the game, that’s how close we are.

I agree but also think Walker needed to have a better day and we'd still have won.

• Upvote 1