Memphis loses to Tulane

CMJ

3 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I haven't checked on their messageboard, but I bet Tiger fans are apoplectic right now.

There’s some really thick sports banter right now, but Memphis fans are a different breed.  They genuinely believe they are above and beyond this conference.  Some similarity with SMU.

Their Twitter banter swings wildly back and forth between talk-ety high horse, and creepy quiet.

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Somebody has been watching the office recently….

I mean, I watch it but it's not like that word is one that isn't used often.  I can bust out seldom used words if you really want.

• Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I’m liking this conference.   UTSA beating FAU at the half.  Need them to finish it out.  Also need Wichita State to come back on USF in the final seconds. 

Why would you want UTSA to upset FAU? One of the best teams in the conference losing to one of worst teams in the country is damaging to the reputation of the conference. The best thing that can happen long-term is FAU and Memphis keep winning (except against us) so they get at-large bids and another team (hopefully us) wins the conference tourney. It means more credits and more opportunity to solidify ourselves as a basketball conference like the Mountain West has done.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

12 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Why would you want UTSA to upset FAU? One of the best teams in the conference losing to one of worst teams in the country is damaging to the reputation of the conference. The best thing that can happen long-term is FAU and Memphis keep winning (except against us) so they get at-large bids and another team (hopefully us) wins the conference tourney. It means more credits and more opportunity to solidify ourselves as a basketball conference like the Mountain West has done.

Pretty simple really.  Had they lost, we’d have been a half game up on them.  Now we are a half game behind them.  Plenty of season left.  I know. 

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Don't forget, Memphis is supposed to win the conference.  After all, according to them, they are a "legacy" member of the American Athletic Conference.  Chew on that folks!

They aren't supposed to according to TeamRankings. FAU is the favorite to win both the regular season and the tournament, followed by SMU. Memphis is a distant third place! 

image.png.b47a063d052648f102f9c501e5affe7d.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Don't forget, Memphis is supposed to win the conference.  After all, according to them, they are a "legacy" member of the American Athletic Conference.  Chew on that folks!

gag reflex throw up GIF by Matt Cutshall

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

They aren't supposed to according to TeamRankings. FAU is the favorite to win both the regular season and the tournament, followed by SMU. Memphis is a distant third place! 

image.png.b47a063d052648f102f9c501e5affe7d.png

Oh man, I would love to see these percentages flip when we beat Memphis and FAU.