QB commit - Chandler Morris - transfer from TCU

17 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

That is what they offered Chandler Morris. He had another 6 figure Mountain West offer but it came with a car as well. It came directly from Chandler. I am fairly confident it is accurate. 

Then what did we offer to beat that? And is it safe to assume Rogers was not staying for that amount?

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Then what did we offer to beat that? And is it safe to assume Rogers was not staying for that amount?

I do not have any knowledge of what we offered. Just know it is nowhere near his biggest offer. He choose North Texas for other reasons besides monetary gains. He talked about those in his interview with us.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

I believe that Morris knew that his dad was up for the job at Texas State.  If he were sincere he could have taken a day off to attend graduation at TCU.  His dad is going to force the issue and that's why we signed the highest quarterback uncommitted in the portal.  It's hard to blame Chandler; blame G J Kinne.

• Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand him wanting to enroll at Texas St. TSU is a good school and San Marcos is a nice area as well as being near his parents. But why the hell would he even consider WKU. Most people that I know who moved from Texas to western KY (I live here) say almost the same exact comment to me. And that is, moving from Texas and living in KY was the most humbling experience of their lives. Why would you do that to yourself intentionally. San Marcos at half the NIL $ is a better choice.

Of course, I think UNT is a better choice for him, but I am biased a bit on this.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

No, nobody here knows it.  It makes a lot of sense, but no one close to the situation has said anything to indicate he is going to TS-SM.

I'm wondering if it's possible that donors are involved with this creating a bit of bidding?

1 hour ago, MeanGreen2024 said:

When he committed to North Texas didn't he change his Twitter profile to say North Texas quarterback? And I just looked at his Twitter and it no longer says that. It went back to tcu.

No, it has always said TCU. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, MeanGreen2024 said:

When he committed to North Texas didn't he change his Twitter profile to say North Texas quarterback? And I just looked at his Twitter and it no longer says that. It went back to tcu.

What he did add was a post showing his commitment to North Texas and that is still there

• Upvote 5