QB commit - Chandler Morris - transfer from TCU

Definitely worth the wait. Seems as though we’ve solidified ourselves for another year of elite offensive production. Just imagine, CM had similar stats to Rogers while playing in the Big XII. Just imagine now. 
Jumping the gun, yes…but I like this move. 

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, herewego said:

I just don't understand the excitement on this pick up. 

It’s not really excitement over the athlete, it’s excitement over the position. Coach Morris has plenty of experience taking a QB that is not hitting everyone’s radar, and turning them into the general of a really good offense.

maybe “relief” would be more appropriate?

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, herewego said:

I just don't understand the excitement on this pick up. 

If he can stay healthy, this is why I'm excited about this pick up. Also, look at the Morris-Conwright connection! That will be great to see again!

Edited by Ian Campbell
  • Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

This was my favorite option. I'm stoked, not gonna lie. Kid is a winner. State champion, coach's kid... he beat out Max Duggan for the starting job before he got hurt. In Morris' offense, I think we're looking at video game numbers. This is your starter, no questions asked. 

A proven winner with 2yrs eligibility is big. Would like to also sign Mooney with 4 yrs of eligibility.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Give me one reasonable target you would have rather us signed?

Signing a QB that won starting job in the Big 12 2 years in a row and has two years of eligibilty seems like a pretty good win to me. Not to mention Morris having multiple 6 figure NIL offers on table. It seem like a pretty big recruiting win for me. 

Pavia

Morris should have taken those nil deals and we shouldn't burn any NIL money on an oft injured player when we are poor. It just seems like a UNT move to misallocate NIL funds. I don't know I guess I don't think Whataburger would buy a grill that only turns on 50% of the time. If he's just on scholarship it's a great pickup. It's not a nice outlook of NIL but all of these players are commodities and this has a greater percentage to be a poor investment than a successful one.  It doesn't matter at USC or any other school that offered him that amount but we can't even afford to fire the worst defensive coach in college football man. Obviously I want Humpty to prove me wrong and led us to an aac championship, I would be f**king ecstatic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 16

36 minutes ago, herewego said:

Pavia

Morris should have taken those nil deals and we shouldn't burn any NIL money on an oft injured player when we are poor. It just seems like a UNT move to misallocate NIL funds. I don't know I guess I don't think Whataburger would buy a grill that only turns on 50% of the time. If he's just on scholarship it's a great pickup. It's not a nice outlook of NIL but all of these players are commodities and this has a greater percentage to be a poor investment than a successful one.  It doesn't matter at USC or any other school that offered him that amount but we can't even afford to fire the worst defensive coach in college football man. Obviously I want Humpty to prove me wrong and led us to an aac championship, I would be f**king ecstatic. 

I think we often exaggerate injury prone when we talk about football players. Most football players get hurt and play hurt. The question with Morris isn't when will he get hurt, the question is how severe will  the injury be and if he has to miss time, how much? SMU, Tulane, and UTSA all lost their QB1 to injury at some point this past season. It happens.

Also, about Morris' injuries, he hasn't suffered any season ending injuries the past 2 seasons. When he got hurt in 2022, Max Duggan just took off with the starting job and never gave it back. Morris was only out for about a month.

• Upvote 7