Making noise works: DMN makes it up to us

6 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

This is why I love Mark Followill. I know it's not the DMN but he is the play-by-play announcer of the Dallas Mavericks and loves his Mean Green.

Also several of The Fan radio guys give regular shootouts to the Mean Green since many attended North Texas. Any media attention is great to get.

Followill is the best, and I'm convinced he never takes a day off. It seems he is always at The Pit for a game if the Mavs are on a homestand and not playing that night.

• Upvote 3

There are a lot of big schools in, or near, major cities that don't get decent press coverage because the schools in more established leagues get it all.  CSUN is a similar size as us, at least with undergrads, and their press coverage is way less than NT, trust me.  Same with schools like Fullerton (they don't get covered until the college baseball playoffs start IF they're in it). 

This is the first year we've actually been in a league with SMU, and it's only a one year thing.  It sucks, but that explains a lot of this.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, CMJ said:

There are a lot of big schools in, or near, major cities that don't get decent press coverage because the schools in more established leagues get it all.  CSUN is a similar size as us, at least with undergrads, and their press coverage is way less than NT, trust me.  Same with schools like Fullerton (they don't get covered until the college baseball playoffs start IF they're in it). 

This is the first year we've actually been in a league with SMU, and it's only a one year thing.  It sucks, but that explains a lot of this.

Not acceptable 

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

24 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I'm not saying it is acceptable.  I'm saying we're not the only school this happens to.

Oh, I know. I didn’t want to shoot the messenger, you, with a down vote, so I wrote my displeasure with this.  We just have to keep winning and force them to pay attention. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, NT80 said:

DMN and Vito are still both awful.  For the size school UNT is and with the number of alumni (readers) in the DFW area, fans shouldn't have to beg for decent coverage.

It's not about size of the school or how many people graduated in the area. It's about how many people/readers care. And that number is much smaller than the other two.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

It's not about size of the school or how many people graduated in the area. It's about how many people/readers care. And that number is much smaller than the other two.

Here we go with the size doesn’t matter strawman argument.  My ex-wife had told me that too until 10+ years later and we got drunk and she said all girls tell guys that but they don’t really believe it to be true.  Same thing for your analogy, and taking tradition and conference affiliations out, if a school has more alums there is a better chance you will resonate with more of them.  It’s simple math really.  

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1