Temple (1/13/24)

CMJ

1 hour ago, akriesman said:

It's time to groom the next Hodge within the program. 

This kind of sounds like you are ready to start talking about Hodge leaving, but maybe I am reading too much into it. If so, can we just enjoy the ride without thinking he is leaving? If you are not, I apologize.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Venson said:

This kind of sounds like you are ready to start talking about Hodge leaving, but maybe I am reading too much into it. If so, can we just enjoy the ride without thinking he is leaving? If you are not, I apologize.

The ESPN game announcers were talking up Hodge being one of the best defensive coaches in the country, plus his coaching background...like trying to encourage a bigger program to come snatch him.  Grrrr

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, akriesman said:

I am not 🙂   I am basically praising the fact that we hired Hodge (no brainer) to replace Mac as head coach, instead of going outside the program.

I just tend to believe that when you have a system that works, it is better to promote from within than to go outside your program to replace coaches.  Boise St FB was very successful at doing this for a while. 

If and when the time comes, I hope that we continue with that philosophy. This system works.

Thanks for the clarification. By the way, I am not the one who gave you the down vote.

• Upvote 2

Haha they sound like our fans after a loss 

TempleUForever
Posted on 2 hrs, , User Since 129 months ago, User Post Count: 11054
  • 2 hrs
  • 129 months

Fisher needs to get it together. This is straight up disgusting. I don’t even care to watch Temple sports anymore. Think I’m about to say get out of this conference.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Jesus Christ... The discussion went from Temple basketball, to the state of the city of Philadelphia... To blaming national politics...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Jesus Christ... The discussion went from Temple basketball, to the state of the city of Philadelphia... To blaming national politics...

Philadelphia is city full of such sour people. 
I love spreading unhappiness amongst our AAC mates. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Haha they sound like our fans after a loss 

TempleUForever
Posted on 2 hrs, , User Since 129 months ago, User Post Count: 11054
  • 2 hrs
  • 129 months

Fisher needs to get it together. This is straight up disgusting. I don’t even care to watch Temple sports anymore. Think I’m about to say get out of this conference.

Seems we have a knack for making opposing fans want to quit their team.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, NT80 said:

More fans coming to grips with UNT Basketball in real time. These threads are a fascinating decent into madness. 😂

One aside - Robert Allen is such a huge off-season addition for us. He’s really come on in the past 4-5 games. Very happy with his progression in our system.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Travis said:

The thing about Mac/Hodge teams… every year they have remarkable improvement as the season progresses.  Game one team looks nothing like game 20. 

they are wine. 

That is true. And in some ways it is great. But it is also frustrating. If those teams are/were just a bit closer to their endform already at the start of the season, at larges would absoltuely be in reach, and with the very best teams even rankings would happen every once in a while.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

My favorite may be "Don't know anything about North Texas but their record...….THEY DID WELL IN THE NIT LAST YEAR."

I literally LOLed at that line because, if I recall, it was clearly after an edit when he OBVIOUSLY looked up how we did. 

• Upvote 1