Temple (1/13/24)

CMJ

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

We just need to get the crowd more into the games. Scott made a great defensive play with four fouls around the seven minute mark. The SP should have erupted but it stayed way too quiet. They didn’t make much noise until the end. This team deserved more today. 

The eye roller to this post probably only got up from his seat for concessions or a bathroom run.

season 6 episode 26 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

18 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

@CMJ rushing to his computer to start the game thread a week in advance since he missed out on starting the last two 👀

Frustrated Work GIF by Offline Granny!

LOL, not really. 🙂  I do prefer when it's a straight two digit year since we should be aware of the century though.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

This has been a complaint of mine for a while. When I go to games it is like people go to sit there and eat popcorn. Why go see a team live if you aren't going to give some energy and cheer? Football is the same way. 

Our fan base is strange.

They're not use to winning.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

They may not be but this is a very good program and it is doing it consistently.  The rest of the teams are starting to figure it out.

Agree totally

• Upvote 1

Any media love we get will have to start with ESPN. Perhaps the local media will catch on later, but you know they're all in love with the Big12. And smut, for some reason.

• Upvote 3

On 1/6/2024 at 8:02 PM, BigWillie said:

This has been a complaint of mine for a while. When I go to games it is like people go to sit there and eat popcorn. Why go see a team live if you aren't going to give some energy and cheer? Football is the same way. 

Our fan base is strange.

Until NT starts selling out games and they have only been close a couple of times in the SPit history, I find complaining about how people watch the games is strange. 

You go to a game to enjoy the experience, if that is sitting and eating popcorn that is definitely your choice.  

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

Until we get to the point where we are ranked in the top 20, only the hard core UNT fans will show up. NIT title didn't move the needle for the average sports fan in our area. Being ranked forces the area media to give you coverage and gets the bandwagon fans out. Wish it wasn't that way but I've followed the Mean Green for a long time and IMO that is the only way we will see big crowds on a regular basis. I noticed that other than Memphis and FAU in their 3k seat gym, ACC schools are not getting huge crowds. Smut had great crowds back when Brown was coaching and they were ranked. DFW media fell over backwards covering them. Now after a couple of down seasons, not so much. 

• Upvote 4