Official Early Signing Day Thread

TheReal_jayD

This was a good recruiting day for North Texas. We may not have pulled in the top recruiting class in the AAC, but we certainly improved the talent on our roster today. According to 247Sports, we finished the day with the 6th best AAC class (in the top half of the conference). That is better than every recruiting class in the Sun Belt & C-USA today. We also finished with a better class than all but 1 MAC program and all but 3 MWC programs. I hate that we lost some really good talent in recent weeks, but this haul seems like a big step towards rebuilding our plundered offense. But, I think defense remains a big question mark until we actually see improvements on the field next season. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Correct it can all change in the spring, by my calculations (I could be wrong) we have 3 scholarships left again I could be off.  You can sign however many scholarships you have available. 

The catch, you have to balance your roster so you aren't stuck with 80 Freshman and RS Freshman and 5 Seniors.  You must constantly manage and manipulate your roster to stay as balanced as you can.

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

This was a good recruiting day for North Texas. We may not have pulled in the top recruiting class in the AAC, but we certainly improved the talent on our roster today. According to 247Sports, we finished the day with the 6th best AAC class (in the top half of the conference). That is better than every recruiting class in the Sun Belt & C-USA today. We also finished with a better class than all but 1 MAC program and all but 3 MWC programs. I hate that we lost some really good talent in recent weeks, but this haul seems like a big step towards rebuilding our plundered offense. But, I think defense remains a big question mark until we actually see improvements on the field next season. 

They have like 6 HS guys to rate that is screwing our standing.

Haven't rated any of our transfers...

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3

If you look on 247 sports and the combined rankings UNT is currently 77th, before most transfers and some HS are rated. What is more eyepopping though is that UNT has 41 commits. That is more than any other program. By some margin. Next is TCU with 35.

I don't think that is either a good or a bad thing, but its noteable. If they had a ranking of transfering out classes, then I think UNTs transfer out class would also rankg pretty highly among G5, because of both the size but also the quality of the top part of that class. If you lose talent you need to bring in new players with talent, or otherwise you are really cooked. So this is necessary. But it is a looot of turnover. We can probably agree that ought not to make UNT fans worry about the defense as it can really almost only improve. Still, usually time spent together in the same system is usually important on defense. And they sure have the pieces to keep humming on offense. But last season it took 3 games to iron out the kinks there too. That much turnover makes it feel like it might again.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

We are now alone in 5th place , just about 5 points behind Memphis. Tulsa is #2, and sighed 10 of top 100 in DFW

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Yeah everyone will be mad with this offer, but when you have a LS who is an issue then everyone wants to blame someone.  Good for the staff for identifying this area of need and addressing it the best way they know how, with a scholarship for the young man. 

If he earned a scholarship than more power to him. All 3 phases of the game need to be working like a well oiled machine to have a winning program, and LS is a big piece for special teams. Good for him for putting in the work and getting a scholarship imo

Edited by GoGreenBeans
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Who is that?

I believe it is the Braswell OL signee.  He is a very big framed kid, with long arms and I think they're wanting to get bigger inside on the DL.  I believe this to be a project but they always say you can't coach size.