Official Early Signing Day Thread

TheReal_jayD

50 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

First 5* commit and we got him to be a PWO…. Crushing it

99.9% of the time Kickers/Punters are all PWO until they prove themselves and then are put on scholarship.  Rarely is a kid brought in at any level as a Kicker/Punter and put on scholarship immediately.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, GoGreenBeans said:

I'm not doing this for extra brownie points, but thank you @GMG24 and @TheReal_jayD for keeping track of all this! So many puzzle pieces coming in it's hard to remember everyone

I am out of school and sitting at home very bored.  I love keeping up with it, this year was MUCH more difficult than in years past but I love it.  This staff has done a really good job in almost every area and I believe they have some more stuff cooking.  

• Upvote 5

Another one DT Sheffield!!!

After doing some digging now that everything slowed down.  This young man came from JUCO, had about 10 offers out of JUCO, Washington State, Kansas (late) and New Mexico State being the biggest.  He can flat out FLY.  Holy cow he's going to be fun to watch in this offense.  He also returns punts as well.  So he added much needed depth there.  Great late addition to the class.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, cjones said:

Quote straight from the article: "Coaches and players agreed he was the fastest player on the team, and he showed it during practices and games, jumping off the line and darting his way up the field on punt returns."

This could be a real fun guy to watch

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jdawg48 said:

Anyone know about that Austin Peay WR that committed to us not too long ago? The All American one? 

Hasn't been posted so I wonder 

No longer coming here.  The kid from Washington State is in place of him.  No clue if he backed out or we did.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Another one DT Sheffield!!!

After doing some digging now that everything slowed down.  This young man came from JUCO, had about 10 offers out of JUCO, Washington State, Kansas (late) and New Mexico State being the biggest.  He can flat out FLY.  Holy cow he's going to be fun to watch in this offense.  He also returns punts as well.  So he added much needed depth there.  Great late addition to the class.

Is he a PWO? He left WSU after 2 games with no reason given.

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/jake-dickert-wsu-football-dt-sheffield-no-longer-with-program-215966268/

Just saw his name was added to list of NLI signees. It wasn't there when I saw your post.

Still wonder why he left WSU last September. 

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 1

I can't keep up with all the portal changes and new recruiting allowances.  Can someone more in tuned enlighten me... 

How many openings did we have?

How many have we signed so far?

= How many remaining ships available?  

And this can all change again in the spring, right?  

Too confusing!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, NT80 said:

I can't keep up with all the portal changes and new recruiting allowances.  Can someone more in tuned enlighten me... 

Too confusing!

Sorry Elizabeth Banks GIF by ABC Network

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

Too confusing!

Correct it can all change in the spring, by my calculations (I could be wrong) we have 3 scholarships left again I could be off.  You can sign however many scholarships you have available. 

The catch, you have to balance your roster so you aren't stuck with 80 Freshman and RS Freshman and 5 Seniors.  You must constantly manage and manipulate your roster to stay as balanced as you can.

• Upvote 3