List of HS Signees for the '24 UNT Football Class

GMG24

Hudson Emeterio has some pop in his film. Really lays the wood. I can see him being next year's Landon Sides but on the defensive side. Something to think about when observing his 6'4" 225 pound frame is this baseball prospect website says his age is 17 years and 8 months. Talk about having room to grow. https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=744816

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, HelixGMG said:

Cash, starting QB next season?

If he can beat out Stone Earle for the job. Earle is reversing his decision to enter the portal and coming back, so he’s got a leg up on Cash due to experience in the system

All of this is subject to change! A new QB could transfer in at literally any time 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

Remember, we run the 3-3-5. We don’t need a lot of big DL. We have quickness 

Um, rather the opposite 3 down front is the hardest to recruit in the country.  Reason being 1 every P5 school in the country grabs the Mountain Men you know 6'3"-6'6" 280-330 Pound DL, whether they are 3 or 4 down doesn't matter.  Then you are left combing through the scraps of what is left over if you want the big boys that eat up double teams (which is really what you need in 3-3-5).  Your 3 down are supposed to demand doubles allowing your LB/Safeties whoever is in the run fit to fly around.  This past year our LBs had OL in their laps most of the snaps the only DL I noticed that demanded a double towards middle/end of the year was 94 Moore and he was able to beat them most plays.  So now you are dropping down to the 6'-6'2" range which is why PB preffered 4 down, get away with much smaller DL because they slanted and moved better than most OL so you could essentially out quick the block instead of defeating the double.  

FWIW every scheme has its issues, the defense at times looked really good, but for the most part it looked really bad.  I do not think it is entirely schematic, nor is it entirely lack of quality players.  I believe with what they are bringing in so far on the back end will help, and I am excited to see what they do on the DL in January.  

Yes I KNOW I KNOW we need a $#@# QB!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

I thought Rod Brown did a pretty good job, too.  

He and Marcus did the best, close 3rd #51 I can't spell his name but he had himself a year that I believe he's earned a starting job. 

• Upvote 2

Could some of these O-linemen (or ones we already have) get moved to the D-line? I'm not going to panic until it is all over, but having had the WORST defense in FBS, I had hoped to see "more" emphasis on the defense. I hate to think of another year of "Air Raid" defense where the thought is you can outscore everyone else (which usually ends up with a .500 record).

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Could some of these O-linemen (or ones we already have) get moved to the D-line? I'm not going to panic until it is all over, but having had the WORST defense in FBS, I had hoped to see "more" emphasis on the defense. I hate to think of another year of "Air Raaid" defense where the thought is you can outscore everyone else (which usually ends up with a .500 record).

In Coach O we trust 😎

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 12/18/2023 at 3:47 PM, GoGreenBeans said:

If he can beat out Stone Earle for the job. Earle is reversing his decision to enter the portal and coming back, so he’s got a leg up on Cash due to experience in the system

All of this is subject to change! A new QB could transfer in at literally any time 

A very good quarterback hit the portal today.  His name is Braylon Braxton.  He played last year at Tulsa.  He would have to be checked out because he was injured last season and missed the last few games.  Healthy, he was rated an 88 by 247.  He's from Frisco so I believe that he would welcome an offer.  I'm thinking that he might be in decent shape now or he wouldn't have entered the transfer portal.  

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

A very good quarterback hit the portal today.  His name is Braylon Braxton.  He played last year at Tulsa.  He would have to be checked out because he was injured last season and missed the last few games.  Healthy, he was rated an 88 by 247.  He's from Frisco so I believe that he would welcome an offer.  I'm thinking that he might be in decent shape now or he wouldn't have entered the transfer portal.  

I was high on Braxton before the season. Would like to see him compete here.

I'm not sure the QB formula for midmajors is what it was. Every other position is next man up mentality except QB. Well, in this environment where you lose good passing QBs to the portal, what incentive is there to keep a lot of passing QBs? Run 50/50 QBs that can also hit the wide open guy running down the sideline seem more attractive to me. 

I've been thinking about the QB position a lot in the world of transfer portal and I think a lot of athletic QBs will be able to make a mark at the midmajor level as athletes and semi-option type QBs.

This is completely antithetical to the Morris system. He wants a QB that can make all the throws and wants to throw at least 65/35 vs run, even if it isn't feasible. So it will be interesting how this plays out. Morris has shown he can be creative and work with what he has on offense. I have confidence in Morris until I don't. Top 10 offense this year with a 5-7 record. Let him cook. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Seeing a lot of FCS level guys being offered by us at the last minute to fill out the high school recruiting class. 

I saw something by coach O the other day on Twitter that related to his Twitter handle "TrustMyEyes." The philosophy is who cares who else has offered the kids. If you like the tape and you think he fits, offer the kid. We'll see if it works.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1