CUSA/Liberty to a NY6 Bowl Game?

El Paso Eagle

5 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Shouldn’t we want SMU? The more successful they are in the playoffs the more money to the conference and UNT. A payout for the playoffs and a nice exit fee, perfect. GMG 

Rooting for SMU purely bc I don’t want to set G5 precedent that you can have LITERALLY the easiest schedule in all of college football and get a NY6 bid. Sucks it had to be SMU but trying to think long term here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The logic they used to put Bama in over FSU didn’t apply to SMU/Liberty 

Or did it???  SMU is also without their starting QB.

The takeaway is this:  Don’t lose your starting QB late in the season.  (Even if you prove you can win without him).  The committee will “ think,” and that’s when the problems start.

• Upvote 1

As for leaving FSU out, I think what the committee proved. What we’ve known all along. 

College football is 8 or so pre determined programs. They’re automatically anointed spots. 

if FSU went in over Bama, that justification objectively…..is much easier to make than what they have now.  

Mike Norvell was right. Why play the games? If you lose a key player….quit 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

What about it? Lol. We acting like we're in the SECW or Big10E. A team they beat by 5 tuddies beat us. 

What about it? Looks really weak. No P5 teams. Compared to SMU and even Tulane for sure. 
Not sure what it has to do with us. I didn’t compare their schedule to ours. Didn’t even bring our schedule up nor am I trying to make some case that would compare Liberty to North Texas. Pretty sure they would beat us. Not sure “we acting like we’re in the SECW” has anything to do with my post. 

• Upvote 2

It looks like the Wasabi Fenway Bowl awaits SMU. It's played on a Thursday morning in a baseball stadium.

ACC 9th place team Boston College from 4 miles away will be playing in this bowl despite going 5-6 against FBS competition this season. I guess the reward befits the accomplishment.

Edited by ADLER
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ADLER said:

area bowls:

Cotton Bowl

Missouri vs Ohio State

First Responder Bowl

Texas State vs. Rice

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl

James Madison vs. Air Force

wait JMU whined enouht to get a Bowl Bid even though in transition. NCAA goes ball less again

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, untbowler said:

wait JMU whined enouht to get a Bowl Bid even though in transition. NCAA goes ball less again

They were only eligible bc there were not enough bowl teams. Want to blame someone, blame the AAC for not filling all its now slots (including our failure to win six despite six easily winnable games). SBC has 12 teams in bowls, ffs. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

What about it? Looks really weak. No P5 teams. Compared to SMU and even Tulane for sure. 
Not sure what it has to do with us. I didn’t compare their schedule to ours. Didn’t even bring our schedule up nor am I trying to make some case that would compare Liberty to North Texas. Pretty sure they would beat us. Not sure “we acting like we’re in the SECW” has anything to do with my post. 

I know. And I see what you're saying. All I'm saying is that we are in no postion to look down our noses at someone else's schedule. Especially given we have a common opponent with one of the weakest teams on their schedule and lost to them. Which ironically was a last minute schedule and left us sitting home this bowl season. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 1

Liberty had the 133rd ranked strength of schedule, SMU was 80th. The AAC is sending our 17th ranked Champion to play a 6-6 Boston College team in their backyard. The Fenway Bowl, is where our conference could send a team that has six or seven wins, not our conference champion. If anyone questioned, why SMU paid the money to get out of this conference, you don't have to wonder anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

Liberty had the 133rd ranked strength of schedule, SMU was 80th. The AAC is sending our 17th ranked Champion to play a 6-6 Boston College team in their backyard. The Fenway Bowl, is where our conference could send a team that has six or seven wins, not our conference champion. If anyone questioned, why SMU paid the money to get out of this conference, you don't have to wonder anymore.

They're leaving and had nothing positive to say on the way out.  I'm glad they get a lousy bowl.  And it appears that SMU is jumping from one G5 conference to another 🙂

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1