If ACU Beats us…..

Cooke County Kid

How is everyone on this board going to react when ACU beats us?  Let’s see we would be 0-4, wait until the end of a 0-12 season to fire EM.  Because if we don’t beat ACU we will be 0-12.  How does this SH*T happen, we go from bad to worse, can’t even just stay bad. Bad hire, admit it and go forward, cut our loses literally and financially. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

How is everyone on this board going to react when ACU beats us?  Let’s see we would be 0-4, wait until the end of a 0-12 season to fire EM.  Because if we don’t beat ACU we will be 0-12.  How does this SH*T happen, we go from bad to worse, can’t even just stay bad. Bad hire, admit it and go forward, cut our loses literally and financially. 

If nothing is done to correct our issues and we lose to LT and ACU, then we will almost certainly go 0-12. If that is the situation, then Morris won't be the only firing that needs to occur. I just can't see it coming to that. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

nostradamus-occult.jpg

If we drop next week to latech and then lose to ACU the stage would be set for a likely 0-12 campaign. I think that's what he's saying. 

Are you a paid PR employee of the UNT athletic department? Or is your field access for your little picture taking that important to you? It's one or the other. 

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

31 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

I looked back at our records on Wikipedia and 1913 was the last time we went winless. 

The staff needs to make adjustments this week. Maybe we need to have a few different looks and add a few wrinkles to our defensive play calling.

On offense, we ran the ball more which was nice. They need to make better decisions throwing the ball. The INTs were horrible on those 3 drives in the 2nd quarter. Also, no more fades thrown in the end zone on 4th and goal.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

The portal was there for us.

It was, but Morris wasn't here at the time most of the portal recruiting actually happened.   If you wanted us to make an impact this year, then SL should have been let go earlier so the new coach could 1) defend our guys from getting recruited, and 2) recruited other players actually in the portal.

Now that is about the only slack I am willing to cut EM.  The rest of the complaints, such as staff make up, scheme selection, game planning, in game adjustment, etc?  Those all have some (to a lot of) validity. 

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, Cerebus said:

It was, but Morris wasn't here at the time most of the portal recruiting actually happened.   If you wanted us to make an impact this year, then SL should have been let go earlier so the new coach could 1) defend our guys from getting recruited, and 2) recruited other players actually in the portal.

Now that is about the only slack I am willing to cut EM.  The rest of the complaints, such as staff make up, scheme selection, game planning, in game adjustment, etc?  Those all have some (to a lot of) validity. 

And many of us on this board wanted Littrell gone long before the end of last season. The timing of Littrell's firing is on Wren and Smatresk. 

• Upvote 6

Hayden Fry's first two games coaching at North Texas in 1973...

vs UTA = loss 7-31

vs Memphis = loss 3-24

Eric Morris' first two games coaching at Incarnate Word in 2018...

vs New Mexico = loss 30-62

vs UNT = loss 16-58

The point is, it takes time for a program turnaround....

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I had my doubts in the off-season. And, from what I've read, I think you did too.

While we were signing an army of WR's, I wondered why there wasn't more of an emphasis on the defensive side of the ball (which is where Seth had most of hie issues). The portal was there for us. We can't bring in new players to fit the scheme now. Why were these issues not addressed over the summer? And, why should fans give Morris/Caponi a pass for not doing their jobs? 

I voiced my concerns to @Harry multiple times. We grabbed some very talented younger kids on defense. But I think could have used 5-7 guys that could contribute day one. 

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Hayden Fry's first two games coaching at North Texas in 1973...

vs UTA = loss 7-31

vs Memphis = loss 3-24

Eric Morris' first two games coaching at Incarnate Word in 2018...

vs New Mexico = loss 30-62

vs UNT = loss 16-58

The point is, it takes time for a program turnaround....

I was unaware we're in a turnaround. Littrell wasn't fires for a turnaround. Morris wasn't hired for a turn around. The AD didn't imply this is a turnaround project. And Eric Morris spoke as a matter of factly about success. 

• Upvote 6
  • RV 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

I looked back at our records on Wikipedia and 1913 was the last time we went winless. 

The staff needs to make adjustments this week. Maybe we need to have a few different looks and add a few wrinkles to our defensive play calling.

On offense, we ran the ball more which was nice. They need to make better decisions throwing the ball. The INTs were horrible on those 3 drives in the 2nd quarter. Also, no more fades thrown in the end zone on 4th and goal.

Our QB, who was benched at halftime, was our leading rusher.  Let that sink in for a minute.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1