Colorado is about to bolt for the Big 12...

C Rod

2 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

And why is being conference mates with them of any significance?  They would much prefer access to Texas recruiting.

If Texas recruiting was that important to them they'ed already be here. AAC when it started wasn't enough for Boise/SDSU, and wasn't enough again when they tried to lure AF and CSU. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Boise and SDSU make revenue, the rest are zeros.  And I don't think you're familiar with the relative revenue of each PAC team.  What I described isn't $30M/yr by any means but it's higher than AAC post-UH/Cincy/UCF departure 

I had a very long response written out that, in the end, I don't think is necessary. ESPN wants nothing to do with west coast conferences outside of LA. That means, best case scenario, you're looking at maybe a higher dollar amount than AAC with Apple or Amazon as a main media partner. Woof.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

For the past 75 years, teams out west have dreamed of joining the Pac-6, 8, 10, 12 or whatever. It's hard to just change what you've wished for for decades. 

I used to think CUSA was our dream conference when we were in the Sunbelt.  Then we finally got in it, but quality teams had left, Judy was hired, and it quickly went downhill.   

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, NT80 said:

I used to think CUSA was our dream conference when we were in the Sunbelt.  Then we finally got in it, but quality teams had left, Judy was hired, and it quickly went downhill.   

The PAC-12 is currently on track to repeat CUSA's story—A good conference that spirals downward with poor leadership.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Boise and SDSU make revenue, the rest are zeros.  And I don't think you're familiar with the relative revenue of each PAC team.  What I described isn't $30M/yr by any means but it's higher than AAC post-UH/Cincy/UCF departure 

Lol. Reachin

Like I've said, get comfy. Yall ain't going anywhere. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1

15 hours ago, NT80 said:

Yes, CU is marginal in winning but checks several boxes for the Big12….
-CU fits geographically, brings another market in Denver, is an established P5 brand, brings the Deion media-circus, and most important it wounds a rival P5 conference.

And it seems CU was interested in moving purely for stability. Perhaps everyone else wants to see numbers before considering

• Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, DentonStang said:

I knew dealing with California institutions meant some level of dysfunction, but it was impossible to imagine this level of incompetency.  It's impossible to predict what PAC will do because they are not rational people.  

Its pretty obvious what B12 will do

No. It's very predictable what they will do. These dumb, poorly educated UNT alum have been trying to educate you. You've failed to listen. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Pissed 1

50 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

You were so sure too. 

b47pu.jpg?a469512

Yeah.  I admit that.  I underestimated the incompetence off PAC.  It's pretty unbelievable.   I stand by that the move doesn't make sense if PAC is even half way run well.  But faced with guaranteed money on B12 vs..... A bag of PAC nothing, I would make the same move.  B12 is safe. PAC is chaos

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Yeah.  I admit that.  I underestimated the incompetence off PAC.  It's pretty unbelievable.   I stand by that the move doesn't make sense if PAC is even half way run well.  But faced with guaranteed money on B12 vs..... A bag of PAC nothing, I would make the same move.  B12 is safe. PAC is chaos

Kudos for taking the ribbing in good stride. 

I think the real lynch pin here is, did Colorado see actual numbers from the media rights deal? If they did and that's what caused them to move then it's done for the PAC. I would guess yes, IMO they don't take such a huge risk and move without concrete evidence. I feel like everyone knew that Colorado wanted to stay with the west coast schools, so the details must be pretty stark if it forced their hand. If there was a chance that they would have made the same amount of $$$ or close to the Big12 I think they stay.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I think the real lynch pin here is, did Colorado see actual numbers from the media rights deal? If they did and that's what caused them to move then it's done for the PAC. I would guess yes, IMO they don't take such a huge risk and move without concrete evidence. I feel like everyone knew that Colorado wanted to stay with the west coast schools, so the details must be pretty stark if it forced their hand. If there was a chance that they would have made the same amount of $$$ or close to the Big12 I think they stay.

They 100% have seen estimated figures. 0 doubt. And I can gurantee you it's nowhere near the 30M-ish per school the Big12 deal is dishing. 0 shot. Arizona is next. Then Utah and Az St will follow suit. These aren't universities forcing their way in. These are universities taking the invitation that has been sitting out there for months. And if they don't take it, they are stupid. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

The story being propagated is that Colorado demanded to see the number by PAC media day (secretly because Big12 game them an Aug 1 deadline) and PAC commissioner blew them off. So they took the bird in the hand (B12) over the bush.

I find it hard to believe they saw NO numbers ever, so the truth is probably in the middle. And some elements of Colorado have been quite vocal about going to B12 (including Deion Sanders).  The most trustworthy reports are PAC is looking at even or slightly more money than B12, but extremely streaming heavy. Or significantly less than B12 with heavy linear.

But really, you have a sure thing with long term stability in B12.  PAC you have even money at best, untrustworthy leadership, and a guaranteed raid at some point in the future. Its the right move. 

Edited by DentonStang
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DentonStang said:

Don’t be discouraged. Go west young pony. The PAC is your answer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

The story being propagated is that Colorado demanded to see the number by PAC media day (secretly because Big12 game them an Aug 1 deadline) and PAC commissioner blew them off. So they took the bird in the hand (B12) over the bush.

I find it hard to believe they saw NO numbers ever, so the truth is probably in the middle. And some elements of Colorado have been quite vocal about going to B12 (including Deion Sanders).  The most trustworthy reports are PAC is looking at even or slightly more money than B12, but extremely streaming heavy. Or significantly less than B12 with heavy linear.

But really, you have a sure thing with long term stability in B12.  PAC you have even money at best, untrustworthy leadership, and a guaranteed raid at some point in the future. Its the right move. 

Lol. Wow. You were literally in denial just last week of everything you're acting like you're in the know about now. It's amazing. 

• Upvote 1