Interesting D1 map of US

Jonnyeagle

24 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Fascinating to see how sparse the layout is west of 35. Not surprising, just cool to see basically a straight line down the interstate and not much else until you hit the west coast

100th meridian. Anything west of that is good luck finding water pre-1930. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

80% of the US lives east of the 98th meridian. For those that don't live out west I think it's hard to grasp the vast stretches of empty space that exist. What's more if you take out the west coast with San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle the rest is virtually empty. 

This is a huge problem that the PAC12 can't do anything about, the west simply doesn't have enough people to compete for ratings, and what's more if you live out here you know that culturally sports do not have a fanatical following like they do out east. The few exceptions I have seen are Oregon, Utah, maybe Arizona basketball. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

80% of the US lives east of the 98th meridian. For those that don't live out west I think it's hard to grasp the vast stretches of empty space that exist. What's more if you take out the west coast with San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle the rest is virtually empty. 

This is a huge problem that the PAC12 can't do anything about, the west simply doesn't have enough people to compete for ratings, and what's more if you live out here you know that culturally sports do not have a fanatical following like they do out east. The few exceptions I have seen are Oregon, Utah, maybe Arizona basketball. 

Interesting.  There are still a lot of transplants (Cal, Mich, Ohio, Ms, Fla,etc) moving to DFW, for housing and jobs.  
The AD should try to appeal to some of these to adopt NT Athletics….as well as Alums to do the same 🫤

• Haha 1