American (AAC) Football Schedule Released Tomorrow (2/21)

SUMG

6 minutes ago, SUMG said:

Not sure if this will just be conference games....or all games....but we'll know a lot at 10 am

We know all of our non-conference games and dates at this point.

Cal 9/2/23

@ FIU 9/9/23

@ La Tech 9/16/23

Abilene Christian 9/30/23

https://fbschedules.com/2023-north-texas-football-schedule/

So once these drop we should have ourselves a full schedule.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

We know all of our non-conference games and dates at this point.

Cal 9/2/23

@ FIU 9/9/23

@ La Tech 9/16/23

Abilene Christian 9/30/23

https://fbschedules.com/2023-north-texas-football-schedule/

So once these drop we should have ourselves a full schedule.

Can someone please explain to me why we are scheduling teams like FIU and La. Tech from our old conference?  I see no reason to do that as these games provide these schools and CUSA with a lot more than they do us.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

48 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

Can someone please explain to me why we are scheduling teams like FIU and La. Tech from our old conference?  I see no reason to do that as these games provide these schools and CUSA with a lot more than they do us.  

We had non-conference games scheduled with Memphis and SMU. Those are now conference opponents. Non-conference schedules are filled years in advance, so not like a bunch of schools just had open spots on their 2023/2024 schedules hoping we’d come calling.

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

We had to find teams with available dates. Also, let's not be too high and mighty about playing CUSA teams.  We were just the "CUSA" team playing the American teams, and I must have missed where you or other North Texas fans would have been OK with them thinking they should not have played us.

I find it interesting that everyone is so enamored with La. Tech.  They used to bad mouth us all the time back when we were in the Belch and they were in the WAC as I recall.  Don't remember them throwing any help our way back then.    Excuse me if I choose not to forgive them for past sins.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

We had a thread on this:

There weren't many attractive options but maybe a road game at GA Tech.

• Upvote 4

Anyhow, I'm pumped to finally start planning some road trips and maybe a weekend trip to Baltimore for the Navy game.

With the AAC assigning each team a designated rival to play annually, I'd imagine they're setting up a "rivalry week", so at SMU on Thanksgiving week sounds plausible. I'd just hate to play them at home next Thanksgiving with only 7,500 people in the stadium.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

I find it interesting that everyone is so enamored with La. Tech.  They used to bad mouth us all the time back when we were in the Belch and they were in the WAC as I recall.  Don't remember them throwing any help our way back then.    Excuse me if I choose not to forgive them for past sins.

It would not bother me if we stopped playing them. If they had not acted like there were too good for schools like La-Monroe (I have also hear that Ark State and Lafayette are not fans of their), they would most likely be in the Sun Belt.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dannymacfan said:

As far as scheduling, we should always have a toe dipped in Louisiana, be it Tech, LaMo, Lafa, or whatever.  Fantastic road trips for food and football.

LaTech bad mouthed us? A program that does more with less than anybody in the country, with a base that appreciates that, was looking down on us? I don't remember ever reading anything like that.  Would love it if you could provide specific examples.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

17 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Anyhow, I'm pumped to finally start planning some road trips and maybe a weekend trip to Baltimore for the Navy game.

With the AAC assigning each team a designated rival to play annually, I'd imagine they're setting up a "rivalry week", so at SMU on Thanksgiving week sounds plausible. I'd just hate to play them at home next Thanksgiving with only 7,500 people in the stadium.

Good chance the Navy game is 9/23. From what I remember, only Tulane and Navy were open that week. 

And I really hope the conference is smart enough not to make rivalry week on Thanksgiving weekend. That's a sure fire way to torpedo attendance for some of the conference's biggest games. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1