2023 Preferred Walk On List

jtm0097

8 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I had asked on another post, but do we think NIL money may have been used for the PWO'S? Could be a good spot to spend some cash. GMG

I don't know what the Light the Tower fund not to be confused with Light the Tower master plan is doing with NIL funds. I mean it could be possible that is part of the deal for us signing some of these guys. However, that would be a better question for the boosters and RV.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SUMG said:

Very good work again, sir. 

One minor correction: Mt. Vernon can't be 6A....maybe 3A or 4A??

Thanks, they are definitely 3A. I was multi-tasking and made a typo. I stop at their truck stop on I-30 every time I visit my folks in East Texas. Very small town with recent success at the 3A level.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

Pickle was comparing Jake Wilson to Austin Aune and Jackson Arnold. She said Jackson was throwing to 4 and 5 star kids at Guyer. Wasn’t Guyers best WR 3 star Landon Sides that signed with us? I am excited Jake decided to come here but Texas Football’s college/recruiting coverage is trash. They also said Texas State was more suited to win a conference championship next year.

• Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Pickle was comparing Jake Wilson to Austin Aune and Jackson Arnold. She said Jackson was throwing to 4 and 5 star kids at Guyer. Wasn’t Guyers best WR 3 star Landon Sides that signed with us? I am excited Jake decided to come here but Texas Football’s college/recruiting coverage is trash. They also said Texas State was more suited to win a conference championship next year.

Admittedly, I’ve only listened to the UNT portion of the video so far.  And I agree with you, I didn’t understand the need to mention Aune when mentioning Wilson.
 I enjoy listening to a variety of voices that discuss UNT because it helps to give me an idea of the perception the state/nation has on the Mean Green. I prefer Brett, Sanoe, JayD, Harry, Billy, GMG24, Reed, Brune, Adam, etc, but I appreciate hearing others opinions, too. 
Yeah…I listen to a lot of podcasts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

Admittedly, I’ve only listened to the UNT portion of the video so far.  And I agree with you, I didn’t understand the need to mention Aune when mentioning Wilson.
 I enjoy listening to a variety of voices that discuss UNT because it helps to give me an idea of the perception the state/nation has on the Mean Green. I prefer Brett, Sanoe, JayD, Harry, Billy, GMG24, Reed, Brune, Adam, etc, but I appreciate hearing others opinions, too. 
Yeah…I listen to a lot of podcasts. 

Yep, I listen to several podcasts as well. Texas Football had a podcast a few weeks ago where they were comparing GJ Kinne/ Tx State to Eric Morris/UNT. It was one of the worst college football podcasts that I have ever listened to. I am a Texas Football member, and will continue to subscribe. However, they need to do a better job. A little research prior to talking into the microphone for 30 minutes would do wonders.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Yep, I listen to several podcasts as well. Texas Football had a podcast a few weeks ago where they were comparing GJ Kinne/ Tx State to Eric Morris/UNT. It was one of the worst college football podcasts that I have ever listened to. I am a Texas Football member, and will continue to subscribe. However, they need to do better job. A little research prior to talking into the microphone for 30 minutes would do wonders.

They clearly don’t do their research.  I also dislike that one of their writers was scolding us for having the gall to fire Seth.  I forget his name but he was a UTSA grad I believe.

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

of course the UTSA guy didn't want UNT to fire SL.  We were a 500 team and not a threat to them.   We only got in the championship game because there were not divisions last year.

Don’t be ridiculous. We were a pushoff and great catch in the final seconds away from beating them in their house this year and we beat the snot out of them at Apogee last year. Your hate for Littrell has no limits.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

On 1/19/2023 at 12:05 PM, MrAlien said:

It sounds to me as if Prime is building his roster, while letting the AD and university sort out the details and the scholarships.  Can a university take a scholarship away from a student whom the coach does not want on his roster? 

16 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Don’t be ridiculous. We were a pushoff and great catch in the final seconds away from beating them in their house this year and we beat the snot out of them at Apogee last year. Your hate for Littrell has no limits.

What has been our record for the last three years?   What happened in the championship game again?   Face UTSA shot by us and we some catching up to do.  Harris leaving next year will help.

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, jtm0097 said:

Since Sides was a first team 6A all-state receiver, I have serious doubts that Arnold had anyone more talented to throw to.  

Edited by GrayEagle

5 hours ago, southsideguy said:

What has been our record for the last three years?   What happened in the championship game again?   Face UTSA shot by us and we some catching up to do.  Harris leaving next year will help.

Harris will stay and play for utsa in '23. 
I think its his 7th year because of all the injuries, '20 and redshirt. 

2 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Since Sides was a first team 6A all-state receiver, I have serious doubts that Arnold had anyone more talented to throw to.  

Exactly, that's my point. They don't do their research prior to podcasting. It's hard to take their coverage seriously.