DRC (udpated with story): UNT has hired Jared Mosley as its new athletic director

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC (udpated with story): UNT set to hire Mosley

Very happy for Mr. Mosley, and I believe his service to date merits this choice. I trust his leadership as we move to hire our new coach, transition to the AAC, and continue our new master plan. I believe we are at a moment in UNT athletics history, that Mean Green fans will look back on as our turning point when the sleeping giant finally woke up. Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC (udpated with story): UNT has hired Jared Mosley as its new athletic director
10 hours ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

Well.. since the knock on Fuente was that he was a terrible recruiter and the current coach is playing Fuentes recruits.. I think you should be more concerned.

His classes were hovering around top 25 almost every year. Many of their fans are out of touch with reality and got spoiled during the Beamer era. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, All About UNT said:

His classes were hovering around top 25 almost every year. Many of their fans are out of touch with reality and got spoiled during the Beamer era. 

Maybe.. but his last 2 recruiting classes were last in the ACC and 10th.  He had one top 25 national recruiting class (24) in 2018.. but was still 5th in the ACC.

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, All About UNT said:

This! Coach Fu’s 2022 class was top 25 until VT fired him. He had a top QB committed that went to Michigan after Fu was let go. Their top RB recruit went to Maryland. I believe those were VT’s top two recruits in that class.

Fu’s staff were strong evaluators also. VT’s top two CBs were unheralded recruits without any big offers. Both are likely NFL guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/11/2022 at 1:04 PM, jwVA said:

This! Coach Fu’s 2022 class was top 25 until VT fired him. He had a top QB committed that went to Michigan after Fu was let go. Their top RB recruit went to Maryland. I believe those were VT’s top two recruits in that class.

Fu’s staff were strong evaluators also. VT’s top two CBs were unheralded recruits without any big offers. Both are likely NFL guys.

His last 2 recruiting classes were last and 10th in the ACC.. do you know how bad you have to recruit to be last in the freakin ACC?  That means Duke and Wake Forest did a better job recruiting than he did.