Question for the board...

keith

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Amen - agree with you 100%.  Please show me one time someone on here was asking too much.  All we want is what we deserve and what we rightfully should have coming to us based on the investment that has been made in this program.  

I would argue one of the best parts of reading this board is seeing many of our most vocal fans get exactly what they deserve. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

FOUR YEARS?! of course he should win one on four years. We are not Louisiana Monroe. We have an infrastructure and investment in place where winning a championship and bowl games within the fourth year of a coach being here is not crazy, insane or even a little bit too much to ask. 

My God man we don’t need a high paid coach OR high paid AD if that’s not a realistic expectation. Drop football down and invest in basketball if that’s too much. 

When your a program that hasn’t won a conference title in 18 years it’s absurd to demand a new coach win one within four years. Especially, when we’re joining a better conference. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Fans of a program who hasn’t won a conference title in 18 years demanding their coach turn them into a G5 powerhouse crack me up. It’s one thing to expect 6 wins to be the floor, but to demand championship appearances and top 25 rankings every other year is delusional. 

I bet the Roadrunner fans vehemently disagree…  Because their new coach did precisely that.

But for some reason, Lil’ ol’ UNT just can’t expect to do the same.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

CUSA is the worst conference in America and has been since Littrell has been here and he hasn’t won it. 

and guess what. When UCF, UH and Cincy leave, the AAC will not be THAT much better. (A little better yes) but we should absolutely be able to win the conference in the next four years. For crying out loud Cincy, UCF and UH are being replaced with Rice, Charlotte, FAU in addition to others. 

Yes, we should immediately be better than SMU, Memphis, Tulane, UTSA, and UAB 🙄

Right now, all we should be realistically asking for is a winning conference record. 

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I bet the Roadrunner fans vehemently disagree…  Because their new coach did precisely that.

But for some reason, Lil’ ol’ UNT just can’t expect to do the same.

I don’t think UTSA fans were demanding Traylor win a title in four years or be fired. Only message board trolls make those kind of demands.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Yes, we should immediately be better than SMU, Memphis, Tulane, UTSA, and UAB 🙄

Right now, all we should be realistically asking for is a winning conference record. 

When did the teams start playing, well

smu 1915    memphis 1912   tulane 1893    utsa 2011    uab 1994

North Texas first game 1913

We should be playing for Championships and New Year's 6 bowl games. yes..... 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:
49 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I don’t think UTSA fans were demanding Traylor win a title in four years or be fired. Only message board trolls make those kind of demands.  

Ok that’s a bit much. I don’t think I resorted to calling you a troll. We just disagree. Calm down 

Telling the guy with "crazy" in his username to calm down is peak comedy. 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

When your a program that hasn’t won a conference title in 18 years it’s absurd to demand a new coach win one within four years. Especially, when we’re joining a better conference. 

I don't think you still understand the premise of the debate here. This is not about a NEW coach coming in and people demanding a conference championship in a NEW conference. This is completely about Seth Littrell not being able to deliver anything in our current weak conference in 7 years and that is grounds for firing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I don't think you still understand the premise of the debate here. This is not about a NEW coach coming in and people demanding a conference championship in a NEW conference. This is completely about Seth Littrell not being able to deliver anything in our current weak conference in 7 years and that is grounds for firing. 

The thread was literally started by someone asking what the expectations should be for a new coach in the AAC. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Expectations should be based on spending/budget.

History shouldn't really play a part in things.  Especially when one can look at the past and say, "we are different now.  We have the spending (salaries) and the resources (faciltiies) to accommodate whatever our coaches and athletes want to compete with our peers."

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1

29 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Expectations should be based on spending/budget.

History shouldn't really play a part in things.  Especially when one can look at the past and say, "we are different now.  We have the spending (salaries) and the resources (faciltiies) to accommodate whatever our coaches and athletes want to compete with our peers."

question asks GIF

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I didn’t call you anything? Wasn’t even replying to your post. 

Actually my apologies……I don’t think anyone has ever said “conference championship in four years or they’re fired”

so you actually weren’t talking about anyone on this board. 

I take back what I said 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Actually my apologies……I don’t think anyone has ever said “conference championship in four years or they’re fired”

so you actually weren’t talking about anyone on this board. 

I take back what I said 

Oh, really? Because I keep being told my standards are too low for not expecting that. 

I swear coming on this forum is just like that Fansville commercial where they yell at the guy for not being mad enough about the team losing. 

On 11/16/2022 at 11:21 AM, Wag Tag said:

Coach Mc has set the bar. Be a recognizable G5 program on a national level. This will be done through winning at the G5 level and being competitive against P5 competition.

I had 3 goals this season

1. Do not get blown out by G5 team.... Failed

2. Prove you can develop a qb.....Failed

3. 8-4....?

If he wins a Championship it trumps all the above

Couldn't agree more with your thoughts. 

10 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Oh, really? Because I keep being told my standards are too low for not expecting that. 

I swear coming on this forum is just like that Fansville commercial where they yell at the guy for not being mad enough about the team losing. 

You keep deflecting and defending. 

So, please, map out your level of confidence in SL as well as your full expectations for UNT of old (CUSA) and new (AAC). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

You keep deflecting and defending. 

So, please, map out your level of confidence in SL as well as your full expectations for UNT of old (CUSA) and new (AAC). 

I’m not, but okay…

In the AAC I’ll expect us to have a winning season 3 out of 4 years, and win a bowl at least once every 3 years. I don’t have any strong conference title demands other than we should still be in the conference race in November most seasons.