Southern Miss

UNTLifer

So, I was looking at their website while eating lunch and ran across some interesting stats.

1.  They are poor offensively.   They average 13.6 points per game (while giving up 29.25)

2.  They aren't good running the ball averaging 2.3 yards per attempt and average 86.6 yards per game with 3 TD's on the year.

3.  They aren't any better passing the ball.  They have a completion percentage of 53% while averaging 168.25 yards per game with 8 TD's and 14 Int.

4.  Defensively they are allowing 138 yards per game rushing (4.00 per attempt) with 10 TD's on the ground.  The pass defense allows a completion percentage of 65.6% allowing 13 touchdowns while intercepting 4 passes.

• Upvote 2

https://www.si.com/betting/2021/11/04/north-texas-mean-green-vs-southern-miss-golden-eagles-college-football-odds-plays-insights-11-6-2021

8 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

how are they with penalties by the opponent?  We seem to rock that stat for all other teams.

57 penalties by their opponent for 529 yards.  I predict we exceed that by halftime. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

An already beat-down team now watching almost half their conference move up while they resigned themselves to the SBC.  They're not going to put up much of a fight.

Probably, but there's a small chance they want to take out their frustration on those leaving.  I'm hoping they're too bad to be able to do that.

• Upvote 1

If this game is in anyway close, Seth needs to do nothing. It’s not like the AD will pull the trigger. I hope for a  North Texas blowout. I’m convinced we will not get a new coach until Seth wins only 4 game next year. I’m standing really tall looking over that fence a mean greener pastures