LSU to Require Vaccination Proof or Negative Test

BillySee58

ok so guess attendance will go down, but what will the schools/businesses do if there is a major outbreak following a game? Vax and UnVaxed can both still carry virus, but only requiring one group to show negative tests. It is what it is and fans have freedom to not go to games.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, untbowler said:

ok so guess attendance will go down, but what will the schools/businesses do if there is a major outbreak following a game? Vax and UnVaxed can both still carry virus, but only requiring one group to show negative tests. It is what it is and fans have freedom to not go to games.

As is always the case on these announcements…..the enforcement will be the challenge. You put these rules in place. Now you have to enforce them. So if 30,000 people show up without proof of either. Are you going to turn them all away? What if they get upset? You gonna do it by force? 
Some of that fan base, out drinking all day at the tailgate….comes up with a $100 ticket in hand and they’re told they can’t come in. Yikes 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Given that it appears there is growing evidence that both vaccinated and unvaccinated can both get and transmit the virus I'm not sure what this policy accomplishes.  I also know people that have had a negative test one day and a positive test the next and vice versa, so a test 72 hours ago seems more like a check box than something that will have a material impact.  This also excludes those that have had the virus and recovered.  It seems like there are those in a position of power that have a compelling need to "do something" and I guess this is it.

• Upvote 9
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

As is always the case on these announcements…..the enforcement will be the challenge. You put these rules in place. Now you have to enforce them. So if 30,000 people show up without proof of either. Are you going to turn them all away? What if they get upset? You gonna do it by force? 
Some of that fan base, out drinking all day at the tailgate….comes up with a $100 ticket in hand and they’re told they can’t come in. Yikes 

I am sure someone will be in the crowd scalping test results/vaccine cards 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

I told my LSU fans people are going to be showing their library cards, their Kroger’s card and their blockbuster memberships and then kindly push their way in growling tiger bait tiger bait tiger bait.  I do bag check at Globe Life Field with stone sober Ranger fan and it is a nightmare on Astro and yankee day. It will be full on volcanic for mcneese and Alabama under the lights at night in Death Valley. 

couldn’t pay me to try to enforce that. Ha ha.

Geaux 

4 minutes ago, NM Green said:

I told my LSU fans people are going to be showing their library cards, their Kroger’s card and their blockbuster memberships and then kindly push their way in growling tiger bait tiger bait tiger bait.  I do bag check at Globe Life Field with stone sober Ranger fan and it is a nightmare on Astro and yankee day. It will be full on volcanic for mcneese and Alabama under the lights at night in Death Valley. 

couldn’t pay me to try to enforce that. Ha ha.

Geaux 

• Haha 1

But my drive to Austin last night was Epic watching us whip up on the newbies. Q2 Stadium home of Austin FC is outstanding! It has a beer hall inside the stadium and it opens 3 hours hours before game time to play live music and offer one big beer social. It’s brilliant! 

Pepi played like the All Star he is. Don’t count FC Dallas out just yet. Season goes until first week in November. Love long arse soccer seasons: April - November.  Delicious! 

GMG

Edited by NM Green
  • Upvote 2