• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Harry

Southern Miss offense falls flat against North Texas, 30-7

DENTON, Texas — Mason Fine cooked the Golden Eagles again. And after Saturday's performance, he ought to have the recipe just right.

North Texas pulled away late for a 30-7 win over Southern Miss, Fine's third win in as many seasons over the Golden Eagles.

"At some point, you just have to give credit where credit is due," Southern Miss linebacker Jeremy Sangster said. "That guy is good. Really, really good."

The senior threw for 292 yards and a touchdown. Statistically, it was an underwhelming performance for the Maxwell and Manning Award candidate. But what the stats don't show is Fine's ability to scramble — the way he avoids sacks and gets rid of the football or how he never pulls the ball and keeps his eyes down field.

It also doesn't show how he kept getting back up after Sangster planted him in the ground twice in the first quarter and again in the third.

read more:  https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/southern-miss/2018/10/13/southern-miss-falls-north-texas-30-7/1630775002/

19 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Tonight he was Brett Favre with the presence of mind to throw the ball away when necessary. 

Thinking the same exact thing.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

I’ve noticed Mason Fine does a sort of turn or spin to get out trouble when scrambling. If you seen Russel Wilson play I think you’ll know what I’m talking about. 

By the way, we apparently have a new head coach named Scott Littrell.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I’ve noticed Mason Fine does a sort of turn or spin to get out trouble when scrambling. If you seen Russel Wilson play I think you’ll know what I’m talking about. 

It reminds me of the Romo spin out he'd do.

Didn’t want to start a separate thread, don’t look now but Arkansas is leading Mississippi 33-24 with 8 minutes left.

10 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Didn’t want to start a separate thread, don’t look now but Arkansas is leading Mississippi 33-24 with 8 minutes left.

Ole Miss just came back to score TD.  Ark leads barely 33-31 with 4:15 left in 4th.

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ole Miss just came back to score TD.  Ark leads barely 33-31 with 4:15 left in 4th.

hogs snatching defeat right out of the jaws of victory

• Haha 1