Kiffin says he is sticking at FAU

Coach Bill Lewis

10 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

So is someone just having some fun with his Wikipedia page?:

Lane Monte Kiffin (born May 9, 1975) is an American football coach who is currently the head football coach at Mississippi State University.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Kiffin

I've heard he's in serious talks... via rumor 

• Lovely Take 1

10 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I've heard he's in serious talks... via rumor 

I can guarantee you Kiffin will not be taking the Miss State job.  Mullen pretty much did as much as you can with that program.  And no need to talk about Starksville.  I don't see him leaving quite yet.  Don't forget he's made a bunch of money already which means taking the job won't be the main concern, the main concern will be can he win and be successful at any new job.   He can wait it out and as one of your posters said above Florida is not a bad place recruiting wise to wait for greener pastures.

3 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

I can guarantee you Kiffin will not be taking the Miss State job.  Mullen pretty much did as much as you can with that program.  And no need to talk about Starksville.  I don't see him leaving quite yet.  Don't forget he's made a bunch of money already which means taking the job won't be the main concern, the main concern will be can he win and be successful at any new job.   He can wait it out and as one of your posters said above Florida is not a bad place recruiting wise to wait for greener pastures.

Second tier conference schools need sign up K just like they did Leach and in the past Mangino at Kansas. They can't compete going the standard route!

7 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

All of CFB except you guys wants Baby Kiff to go back to Tennessee like prodigal son. 

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

One program that is coming up is UCF

They could be looking at Kiffin. And he still gets to stay in Florida and not be in a pressure cooker. Probably gets a little more money and they have a good team coming back next year. 

It's a step up?  Yes.  Is it big enough of a step up?  I don't think so.  UCF is a great job, but not a power 5.  Fact of the matter is if Kiffin last game is December 2nd I will be totally at peace with it.  8-0 in conference and a championship!!!   I am not really worried about it.  It's funny the national media on the story.  You put Kiffin in the story and it will get an extra 100k hits.  He has the luxury to wait it out.  UCF in my opinion would be a better job that Miss State, but not big enough for him to jump.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

A fan from another school making rational, logical posts? Weird. *shiver*

Sorry about that!  Another point leaving for UCF makes no sense for 1.  Not being a big enough step up, he can replicate UCF in Boca.  2.  It plays into his rep of 1 and done if he moves to Orlando.  He's either in Boca for 2 to 4 years or he moves to a good P5 job.  I don't see a good power 5 job this year left for him.

3 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

He may be the only guy they could get after yesterday. He'd leave FAU today if they called. 

IF The fan base would love it looking at the comments they make to his Twitter.  But  I believe the big donors hold grudges and they won't write a check to him.  TN has sailed.  But I agree IF they called he would go.

54 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

I don't know what's wrong with Starkville. Spent a few days there last year and it seemed like an awesome little town. They love MSU football. Half of them are now Cowboys fans because of Dak.