Attendance

meangreenacct

1 hour ago, GRN-WHT said:

Going to take more than 2 winning seasons in the last whatever it is and .500 ball won’t be good enough. Going to need 9-10 win seasons on a consistent basis. 

Giving up 804 yards to FAU doesn’t help the cause. 

This is exactly what it is going to take.  Years of winning.  3-5 years of winning 8+ wins each year.   Will need a top 25 win or two as well. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

"Get rid of Fouts and we'll come"

Built a $78 million stadium

"Get rid of Dodge/Dickey/McCarney and we'll come"

Fired

"Play teams we know and we'll come"

In a conference with THREE Texas teams, and have Army at home

"Win and we'll come"

We have a winning record and control our path to the conference title game

The truth is our "fan"base is a bunch of whiny lil' bitches

Get your ass kicked with 69 points and 800 yards of offense and they won't come. No team ever wants to lose, but when a team does lose it matters how you lose the game. With a following like ours and a student body and alum base, you can't afford to lose like that and expect even decent attendance. There was maybe 10k tonight, tops. 

Tonight, like the UAB game, were ugly wins. And guess what...No one gives a damn about beating UAB or ODU. But people do care about losing to F_U by 50. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

11 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Get your ass kicked with 69 points and 800 yards of offense and they won't come. No team ever wants to lose, but when a team does lose it matters how you lose the game. With a following like ours and a student body and alum base, you can't afford to lose like that and expect even decent attendance. There was maybe 10k tonight, tops. 

Tonight, like the UAB game, were ugly wins. And guess what...No one gives a damn about beating UAB or ODU. But people do care about losing to F_U by 50. 

You could have saved yourself time and just read the last sentence of the original post

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Fired

"Win and we'll come"

It was never just one thing.  We need/needed all of these things to happen but really the main thing is consistent and big winning.  We've been awfully bad for way too long and way too often after decent years for people to take us seriously.  At this point I'm just so beaten down about looking at and complaining about our attendance.  We and folks on this board are not the casual/fringe fan but if I look at things rationally from their perspective I'm not surprised seeing apathy that's been extremely rock hard to break.  I think we're better now than we were 10-15 years ago but we have long long way to go.

• Upvote 5

This really isn't rocket science y'all. Ask most current students why they don't go to games, and they'll immediately blurt out "because we suck." Undoubtedly the result of a decade plus of ineptitude broken up by one or two token good seasons.  It's going to take a lot of winning, over a long period of time to change that perception. 

Also hard to underestimate the impact of playing a nothing school like ODU

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Fired

"Win and we'll come"

1 winning season over the past decade and we're expecting to sell out stadiums... Get real

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

This is exactly what it is going to take.  Years of winning.  3-5 years of winning 8+ wins each year.   Will need a top 25 win or two as well. 

Exactly.  In the future we have games vs Arkansas, Houston, and A&M.   While playing on the road is one of our weak spots, I do think we'll be able to win at least one of these games. 

10 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Attendance was embarrassing and underwhelming. I haven't seen an official number but this looked and felt like the worst this year.

ESPN reporting 18.8K. That is laughable. I know that all tix sold are counted, but you can easily shave off 6-8K off that number for actual attendees. 

There are no more students at the tailgate.  The hall monitors took the fun off the hill.  My niece from twu and her friends hang out with us because our tailgate is more fun and they wonder where the students are like years gone past.  

The gastapo sits down there in the lower lot excited to make their rounds through the evildoers and then parade them as an example of why you should avoid the little red cup. 

It’s weitd seeing the hill so manicures and empty on game day. 

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, diehardUNTfan said:

Exactly.  In the future we have games vs Arkansas, Houston, and A&M.   While playing on the road is one of our weak spots, I do think we'll be able to win at least one of these games. 

There is no way we beat Arkansas or a&m in the years ahead...no way.

• Downvote 7

37 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

This really isn't rocket science y'all. Ask most current students why they don't go to games, and they'll immediately blurt out "because we suck." Undoubtedly the result of a decade plus of ineptitude broken up by one or two token good seasons.  It's going to take a lot of winning, over a long period of time to change that perception. 

Also hard to underestimate the impact of playing a nothing school like ODU

1 winning season over the past decade and we're expecting to sell out stadiums... Get real

Well, then the current students are idiots.  We are in first place in our side of the conference.  The team is fine, the students suck!

Just now, untjim1995 said:

Not with that attitude.

Just now, NM Green said:

There are no more students at the tailgate.  The hall monitors took the fun off the hill.  My niece from twu and her friends hang out with us because our tailgate is more fun and they wonder where the students are like years gone past.  

The gastapo sits down there in the lower lot excited to make their rounds through the evildoers and then parade them as an example of why you should avoid the little red cup. 

It’s weitd seeing the hill so manicures and empty on game day. 

GMG

Yep.  The university needs to let the kids be kids.

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Arkansas will be very beatable next year. They are starting to falter under fat brett and next season might be the collapse season. They are losing a good amount of players off this years team and they are not a good team. I like our chances more than say Alabama or Florida or LSU, etc. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Arkansas will be very beatable next year. They are starting to falter under fat brett and next season might be the collapse season. They are losing a good amount of players off this years team and they are not a good team. I like our chances more than say Alabama or Florida or LSU, etc. 

You want to make a bet right now on how that game will end? 

• Downvote 2

Just now, untjim1995 said:

Oh, I don’t know , maybe we could use size, talent, resources, and history as possible concepts to base our decisions😂

And you will be first in line to bitch if we lose, if the kids don't play to win, or if the coaching staff plays it safe.

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Well, then the current students are idiots.  We are in first place in our side of the conference.  The team is fine, the students suck!

Not with that attitude.

Yep.  The university needs to let the kids be kids.

The Hill is dead.

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

OK internet tough guy. Sure thing.  

I would say emmitt is a real life tough guy. Not just internet. So, probably not the best guy to call out.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Halloween parties are more important to the students and many fans.  The Greek Organizations and RHA should be leading the way, but they are nowhere to be found.  Freaking joke.

The university should start withholding funds to organizations who do not come out. They need to be leaders of this school.

• Upvote 1