Attendance

Matt from A700

1 minute ago, NT91 said:

I was think 24k

Several sections did not even have a single person in them, none of the sections were better than 90% and that might have been two or three.  Of visible seats it appeared to be around 40% full at absolute best. That means around 12,000. So if you give credit to those on the field, those upstairs not visible, and those in getting food, drinks and hitting the bathroom say another 4,000 to be generous that is 16000. 

24k would mean 80% full. I hope one day because if we get there it will be loud.  

With the caveat that I base my estimates off the appearance of the stadium in relation to announced attendance at previous games, this was the fullest the stadium has been in 2017. I estimated between 23k and 24k based on the upper deck of the student side, the better than average alumni turnout and a decent Wing turnout. Again, all that being compared to previous games this season. If the announced attendance was inaccurate at previous games, then my estimates are based on those inaccuracies.

It was a good turnout, a great game and there were a few people left in the stadium to see "The Drive." Enjoy it.

GMG

• Upvote 3

I think it's weird that we care so much about attendance.  It's like the second most important thing to the final score.  I get why we do it and I'm just as guilty.  I just long for the day that we don't have threads dedicated to predicting attendance or debating/analyzing attendance.  That's all.  Oh and Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 3

Guilty! 

My old college roommate who I bought a ticket for this game and I were heading out the stadium when it looked like we had run out of time for momentum to come back our way.  Well, we got to an end zone portal when we heard that we actually had the ball back on the 2 yard line. So back inside the stadium we go to witness one of the darndest endings to a college football game most of us have ever witnessed.  Matter a fact, I'd bet many of us right now are stilling pinching ourselves about what we saw at Apogee Stadium. 

Well........I was a bad boy tonight. I had had my fill of a 6 year old football program from the Alamo City having their way with us (again).   I cursed everything from the Pope to my worst uncle disgusted that we were not kicking some major Road Runner tail.  After all, we've been in the football business over 100 years.  You follow a football program for most your adult life beginning with Hayden Fry's first game to coach which was my first game to watch as a UNT student.  As you begin to realize age is catching up with you and you have more years to look backwards than forward  you just want to see some major good things to happen for the school we love best.   Dammit, for a major Texas university, we just been under-achieving for way too long.

All of us early birds who had been heading out of Apogee and then were standing on the concourse watching "The Drive" were acting like school kids who'd just been told they were getting everything for Christmas they had asked Santa.  Never seen grown men acting so happy in all my life.  Strangers all over high Five'ing as if old friends. 

To those sitting around me who I may have offended with my language tonight I apologize.  Not my real nature to do that kind of thing as it is, but for the life of me I  just didn't want that school from the Alamo City beating all of ours favorite school again. 

Good night all &......................Go Mean Green! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

I have been meaning to ask, what is the deal with the young alumni section on the student side.  Those seats used to be sold out, but this year the seats are mostly empty.  I guess nobody is buying the seats?

They were never sold out... they've just never kept the students out of them until this season. 

• Upvote 1