SMU down 2 offensive lineman

@UNTSportsFan

take your cousin out friday night before the UNT game and buy shots until he passes out.

1 hour ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

I believe one was a starter but only because *name drop* my cousin was out with an ACL injury. May be leaving because he was about to lose his job, but I have no inside info. Just know my cousin is starting again at left tackle. 

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Friends don't let friends/cousins play for SMUg.

Unfortunately, we never offered. SMU hired one of his high school coaches and he committed early on because of him. His dad went to North Texas for a stint and was even acquaintances with Craig Miller and George Dunham, but no offer by McCarney back then for him to even consider. Oh well. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Unfortunately, we never offered. SMU hired one of his high school coaches and he committed early on because of him. His dad went to North Texas for a stint and was even acquaintances with Craig Miller and George Dunham, but no offer by McCarney back then for him to even consider. Oh well. 

Dang, thanks for the info man.

11 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

I guess the guy liked to play football that kept his attention and didn't bore him to sleep...

Both Hyder and Saena were starters...Hyder at LG and Saena at RG.  Hyder had started 13 games and Saena 12, so these were frontline players.  Saena's backup is a senior who played last year and there shouldn't be much of a loss.  On the other hand, Hyder had two redshirt freshmen behind him.  Both are considerably smaller so that could be a problem for smoo.