DRC: UTSA LB Tauaefa says rivalry with UNT is growing

Brett Vito

It's a Rivalry. Same people who say it isn't are the ones who say we should beat out x,y, and z school (who has a winning record against us and who beat us 8/10 in our meetings) for every recruit. It needs a name. It needs a trophy. It needs acceptance. And the fires need to be stoked. All storied rivalries began somewhere. We hate them and they hate us (in the most fun way).

Trophy should be a birdbath.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

Literally only one person didn't want Tauaefa and now they're fired. For exactly this kind of decision. 

Everyone here wanted to offer the dude. 

If you're up for transferring we're here for you my dude cause we don't care about that crap. 

• Upvote 4

This article...

facepalm-samtheeagle.gif?w=615

We're supposed to have a "rivalry" with this school because a dude that was spurned by our previous coach is still motivated by a lack of an offer?  That is the guy we're citing to validate this?

2 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

It's a Rivalry. Same people who say it isn't are the ones who say we should beat out x,y, and z school (who has a winning record against us and who beat us 8/10 in our meetings) for every recruit. It needs a name. It needs a trophy. It needs acceptance. And the fires need to be stoked. All storied rivalries began somewhere. We hate them and they hate us (in the most fun way).

Trophy should be a birdbath.

crying_bald_eagle_america_sad.jpg

6 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Literally only one person didn't want Tauaefa and now they're fired. For exactly this kind of decision. 

Everyone here wanted to offer the dude. 

If you're up for transferring we're here for you my dude cause we don't care about that crap. 

depositphotos_101157576-stock-illustrati

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Hard to believe this kid didn't have many college offers.  Saw him play a couple of years at Lake Dallas and had him pegged to go to a P5 as a Linebacker.   Absolute beast.  Not sized for D1 DLine, which is where he excelled at Lake Dallas (along with several other positions on the team).    Not sure if the recruiters saw the "DL" label on his profile and passed without looking deeper?   Extremely athletic and perfect fit at LB.  One of the most physical high school players I've seen.  Scary thing is that I don't think he's hit his ceiling yet.  A miss for many schools.  

• Upvote 3

Sure wish we would have offered him.  My recollection is we had not many spots to give from a lot of earlier commits.  I remember a lot on inside and outside questioning the strategy at the time.  Oh well -  lesson learned.  Guy will play in the NFL most likely.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Sure wish we would have offered him.  My recollection is we had not many spots to give from a lot of earlier commits.  I remember a lot on inside and outside questioning the strategy at the time.  Oh well -  lesson learned.  Guy will play in the NFL most likely.

The most frustrating part is that LB has been one of our biggest weaknesses since 2014. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

NT was among almost every FB division school that did not offer.  He has shown all these schools that they probably made a mistake.  Just about every NT player could unfortunately have the same motivation to excel.  Very few got offers anywhere else.  

Yeah I do get that but goodness he was a stones throw away from Denton.   This one may haunt us.

There is certainly some hate between our teams and fans, but not enough to call it a rivalry. If someday a large portion of our student body expresses hate for UTSA on a daily basis, and crowds explode for these annual games, then it would be a rivalry.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, techdawg88 said:

Tech & UTSA have hated each other since that last year in the WAC; I really can't explain it

I can explain it...they're trashy and all they do is troll.  I hate them but I hated lots of high schools we played against back in the day and never thought of them as a rival.  #noutsarivalry #aimhigher #butdeargodletsstoplosingtothemplease 

Edited by tmjerm

17 hours ago, Harry said:

Yeah I do get that but goodness he was a stones throw away from Denton.   This one may haunt us.

It won't haunt us, it's one player. We have better coaches/recruiters on our staff now.

Someone needs to pat this guy on the butt and tell him it will be alright. It sounds like he's mad he didn't get offered by us and he's mad he's attending school at UTSA. My take anyway because I seem to remember him complaining in the past.

He's also wrong. Players and coaches don't solely make a rivalry. Coaches come and go. So do players. How many ex coaches and players come on here and rant about how much they hate the 1977 SMU team? (Or plug in your own year or team from last century) That's just one example but seriously, how many current coaches and players were on the team in 2013 when they beat us on the cold night? 

Anyway, just beat their a$$es this year and maybe 5 or 6 more if all goes well. I think if anyone in our conference is currently fed up with us it has to be Rice. My thoughts anyway.

Vito is trolling for clicks. It does not matter what 1 dude thinks. I personally don't care to tie us to a dangling nutsack. But at the same time as long as we beat them, anyone can call them whatever they want. As far as I'm concerned, we have 12 interchangeable rivals a year. 13 or 14 if we're any good. Just win. Everything else will fall into place. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1