Season ticket event

Marty

"Join us on Wednesday, August 2nd for an exclusive event celebrating one month until Mean Green football returns to Apogee Stadium! Guests in attendance will have the opportunity to interact with North Texas coaches, adminstrators and student-athletes, all while having a chance to pick-up their 2017  football season tickets and Mean Green Club membership packets."

Mean Green Mania Ticket Pick-Up

Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Apogee Stadium
Gate 2 - Ticket Office / Concourse
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Hourly raffle prizes, food, beverages, inflatables, and much more!

For more information, please contact the Mean Green Club at 940-369-7284 or MeanGreenClub@unt.edu.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Dear God.  What could possibly go wrong here? I do appreciate the verbiage though -- "A chance" to pick up your tickets.  Like maybe they'll have them.  Maybe they won't.  We may never know! 

I remain skeptical on this particular issue until I see concrete evidence of improvement.  My last experience having been to receive my bowl tickets in the mail two days after the game with the delightful staff in the ticket office calling me a liar the day before the game, I need to see some serious f'ing improvement here. 

I don't care about frat boys drinking on the hill, UNT vs. North Texas, who puts what stripes on the groins of the uniforms, what flavor of beer gets sold in the stadium, how many times they fire the cannon, what the marching band wears to bed on a Sunday evening, or whether Flying Tomato or the J&J's basement is the greater loss to Denton.  But basic operational functionality.  I'll rant on this one until it at the very least appears to be running at a 6 on a scale of 1-10. 

Wait..There are groin stripes? 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I don't care about frat boys drinking on the hill, UNT vs. North Texas, who puts what stripes on the groins of the uniforms, what flavor of beer gets sold in the stadium, how many times they fire the cannon, what the marching band wears to bed on a Sunday evening, or whether Flying Tomato or the J&J's basement is the greater loss to Denton.  But basic operational functionality.  I'll rant on this one until it at the very least appears to be running at a 6 on a scale of 1-10. 

1hlRkCI.gif

ETA: It was a the Flying Tomato and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.  

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

1hlRkCI.gif

ETA: It was a the Flying Tomato and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.  

I believe the Flying Tomato burned to the ground one year before I enrolled in classes.  

Previous trips to Denton had never much ventured near Fry Street, so I never got to experience it.  I therefore can have no valid horse in this race.  

I did, however, really enjoy drinking $1.50 cans of Schlitz in J&Js while my then wife would spend hours upon endless hours fawning over shiny trinkets in the Denton Square consignment stores. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

I did, however, really enjoy drinking $1.50 cans of Schlitz in J&Js while my then wife would spend hours upon endless hours fawning over shiny trinkets in the Denton Square consignment stores. 

The first person I have ever known to have admitted to enjoying a Schlitz.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yes, yes, the new perennial national sport of beer shaming.  I am inferior in your presence, good sir. 

Incidentally, having never seen one in the wild prior to this past Saturday afternoon, I ordered and consumed my first, and last, Pearl beer.  It wasn't offensive like a Miller High Life left in the garage through six Texan summers as much as it was completely devoid of any flavor whatsoever.  It is truly the first beer that I wouldn't be able to differentiate from club soda in a blind taste test.  I was almost impressed that somebody could extract alcohol out of grains and have it come out that neutral. 

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Yes, yes, the new perennial national sport of beer shaming.  I am inferior in your presence, good sir. 

Incidentally, having never seen one in the wild prior to this past Saturday afternoon, I ordered and consumed my first, and last, Pearl beer.  It wasn't offensive like a Miller High Life left in the garage through six Texan summers as much as it was completely devoid of any flavor whatsoever.  It is truly the first beer that I wouldn't be able to differentiate from club soda in a blind taste test.  I was almost impressed that somebody could extract alcohol out of grains and have it come out that neutral. 

Didn't mean it that way.  Schlitz was the first beer given to me and I just couldn't stomach it and have never been back.  Then again, being a tad under the legal age at the time, I am sure many beers I like now would be included on the bad list.  

I've never had Pearl.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Didn't mean it that way.  Schlitz was the first beer given to me and I just couldn't stomach it and have never been back.  Then again, being a tad under the legal age at the time, I am sure many beers I like now would be included on the bad list.  

I've never had Pearl.

There's a fascinating story behind Schlitz. The Schlitz produced today is the original recipe--which was highly regarded--in fact. The Schlitz people think about as awful was a product of the family leaving the company and a cheapening of the name and product. So, in essence, 80s Schlitz is not 2017's Schlitz.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

There's a fascinating story behind Schlitz. The Schlitz produced today is the original recipe--which was highly regarded--in fact. The Schlitz people think about as awful was a product of the family leaving the company and a cheapening of the name and product. So, in essence, 80s Schlitz is not 2017's Schlitz.

I think they went back to the original recipe around 2010ish, right?  I was sucking them down in J&J's around 2005. I have no shame. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

I think they went back to the original recipe around 2010ish, right?  I was sucking them down in J&J's around 2005. I have no shame. 

Pabst bought them in 1999, so the recipe may have still been improved around 2005. Admittedly I have no idea how bad old Schlitz was. But--officially--the "gusto" recipe was reborn in 2008.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marty said:
"Join us on Wednesday, August 2nd for an exclusive event celebrating one month until Mean Green football returns to Apogee Stadium! Guests in attendance will have the opportunity to interact with North Texas coaches, adminstrators and student-athletes, all while having a chance to pick-up their 2017  football season tickets and Mean Green Club membership packets."

Mean Green Mania Ticket Pick-Up

Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Apogee Stadium
Gate 2 - Ticket Office / Concourse
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Hourly raffle prizes, food, beverages, inflatables, and much more!

For more information, please contact the Mean Green Club at 940-369-7284 or MeanGreenClub@unt.edu.

When did this go out?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Well, here's the second. Lets all get real here. Beer, in the beginning, is an "acquired taste". I've never met anyone that instantly loved beer when they first tasted it.....not anyone that was truthful anyway.  I "acquired" my taste for beer with Schlitz......the 70's formula.

And I'll go a step further than that, I liked the other Schlitz family product of that era.....Old Milwaukee. I also loved the Old Mil version of amber ale produced in the 90's called "Old Milwaukee Red". During the same era, the nastiest beer I tried to "acquire" a taste for was Lone Star, Pearl,.......and Coors. These days.......IPA's.

• Upvote 1

I object to ANYONE frat or not remaining outside the stadium after kickoff. Should be charged with trespassing , disorderly conduct, public intoxication, minor possess /consumption or anything else that applies. This is a football game not a beer pong. Grow up or hit the road the hill is for pre/post game. During the game it should be off limits!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

7 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

I object to ANYONE frat or not remaining outside the stadium after kickoff. Should be charged with trespassing , disorderly conduct, public intoxication, minor possess /consumption or anything else that applies. This is a football game not a beer pong. Grow up or hit the road the hill is for pre/post game. During the game it should be off limits!!!!!

happy season 4 the simpsons bart simpson episode 3 GIF

• Upvote 2

Trying new things...I like this!  Hope it is a big success.  I will certainly be there sometime on that Wednesday to pick up my tickets...and, as they say, Mean Green Club items.

Wondering how big the crowd will be at say 10am and 2 pm?  I am guessing the crowds will be their largest at opening (8am) as folks stop by on the way to work, at noon (lunch breaks) and 5:30-7pm as folks head home from work.

Kudos to the Athletic Department for trying something new. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DallasGreen said:

Now you just greatly reduced the crowd for tailgating.

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Dear God.  What could possibly go wrong here? I do appreciate the verbiage though -- "A chance" to pick up your tickets.  Like maybe they'll have them.  Maybe they won't.  We may never know! 

I remain skeptical on this particular issue until I see concrete evidence of improvement.  My last experience having been to receive my bowl tickets in the mail two days after the game with the delightful staff in the ticket office calling me a liar the day before the game, I need to see some serious f'ing improvement here. 

Not to get off topic, but have you contacted WB about this?

• Upvote 1