-1 Day and Its finally Over.

UNTLifer

19 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

Meanwhile, after #hit-22 tomorrow, TB (soon to be known as DB) excuses himself to go to the loo on the way back to Denton...

he bailed with a parachute, six suits, and a negotiated contract completion bonus.db-cooper-skyjacking.gif

That was beautiful.  I'll put it on my to-do list to search for stacks of 20s and 100s around the East Texas area.  

(Man I miss the old 727s) 

• Upvote 1

OK.  As I understand it, the contract expires April 30, 2017.  Find out which is cheaper; letting the contract run it's course with a "completion bonus" at the end, or firing him after the Marshall game and paying out the balance of the contract, that only has 56 days left to run. 

I have no idea what the bonus is but from what I've seen, I bet it's between $10,000-$20,000.  Enough to buy a bunch of suits.

GO MEN GREEN

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I bet at least 2 weeks go by before any "decision" is made on Benford. 

Two full agonizing weeks.

Wren Baker will fail here because he doesn't understand the basic problems.

I don't think it'll be two weeks, I think it will happen next week. But I agree that the silence on this topic from the AD right now is deafening and gets louder the longer it lasts. It has been way uncomfortably loud all season. It creates the impression that WB is afraid of voicing bad news, and if things like the TB experience repeat, then the impression becomes reality.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I bet at least 2 weeks go by before any "decision" is made on Benford. 

Two full agonizing weeks.

Wren Baker will fail here because he doesn't understand the basic problems.

Why will it be agonizing? Read a book, go for a walk, or spank the monkey. Lots of things to do so you don't have to agonize over something you have absolutely no control over. 

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

Why will it be agonizing? Read a book, go for a walk, or spank the monkey. Lots of things to do so you don't have to agonize over something you have absolutely no control over. 

I was speaking of those who care about UNT basketball, which don't include you or me...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 11

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

So glad he's back. Now we can resume loading up 4 additional, useless pages of banter on every other thread, and a lock down has already happened!

just like the good ol days 

Go Frogs Basketball!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

I don't know where Wren Baker learned to evaluate, but Missouri just completed their own evaluation of Kim Anderson after ONLY THREE SEASONS! And they still have to play in the SEC tournament--those heartless, student-athlete hating miscreants!  Prepare for chaos, Show Me State!

• Upvote 3

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18830638/coach-kim-anderson-missouri-tigers-part-way

Seems like WB's former employer doesn't have any issues firing a coach before the season is over

2 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

I don't know where Wren Baker learned to evaluate, but Missouri just completed their own evaluation of Kim Anderson after ONLY THREE SEASONS! And they still have to play in the SEC tournament--those heartless, student-athlete hating miscreants!  Prepare for chaos, Show Me State!

Dang it, you beat me to it by 30 seconds!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18830638/coach-kim-anderson-missouri-tigers-part-way

Seems like WB's former employer doesn't have any issues firing a coach before the season is over

Missouri cares about men's basketball. Big difference between them and UNT.

Cant wait to the counter in this thread title hits -10. ???

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12