MGB: UNT LB target making key decision in next hour

Brett Vito

time to put the screws to this kid..... You have an offer on the table, or you can go visit somebody that MAY give you an offer.....the UNT offer should not be guaranteed to be there when he gets back.  Kid may just want another college visit because they are fun and get a lot of attention.....but it is time to act like we belong as well...we are not a 2nd choice any more....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

time to put the screws to this kid..... You have an offer on the table, or you can go visit somebody that MAY give you an offer.....the UNT offer should not be guaranteed to be there when he gets back.  Kid may just want another college visit because they are fun and get a lot of attention.....but it is time to act like we belong as well...we are not a 2nd choice any more....

I disagree. There's a ton of schools i'd like to be second choice to. The kid has the right to check out his options. It's in his best interest to see if he can get a second offer on the books. I don't fault him for that. If a coach was looking at new opportunities he'd take more than one interview, why fault a kid for doing the same? We have a lot to prove on the field to prove we're a premier destination for kids to develop in college football. I know that's not a popular opinion, but if we don't accept we have a lot of room to grow before we're Houston, Memphis, Navy, La Tech, WKU, etc. We've made improvement, so we should expect improvement. But we haven't reached the mountaintop.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

North Texas be like

4nRiHFFTzmJZC.gif

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

An ultimatum like that could just as easily lose him as get his commit.   Problem with your analysis is: NT is the 2nd choice and a lot further down to most recruits.   

I doubt many offers are ever guaranteed.  A better prospect comes along the offer is gone.  Commits are a lot more solid, but we have seen that those too, are more and more often rescinded.

• Upvote 2