Week 6 CUSA Football Ranking

37 minutes ago, meanrob said:

Fifth.....FIFTH!!!!

No UTEP on that list. If we can beat UTEP and Army then split with UTSA and USM we can get to six wins. Tough to see us beating LTU and WKY. 

Enjoying the ride. 

Chance with L Tech at home and they play no "D"! GMG 

Nice Harry 

Conference USA

Conf
All
West Division

0-3
1-5
0-3
0-5

I am starting to think we can win the west. 

43 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Nice Harry 

Conference USA

Conf
All
West Division

0-3
1-5
0-3
0-5

I am starting to think we can win the west. 

I think we can be competitive vs every team on our schedule. I will say that much. I still find myself holding my breath when we're on offense and when our D is on the field on 3rd down. Continue to stay competitive and let the chips fall where they may. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meanrob said:

Fifth.....FIFTH!!!!

No UTEP on that list. If we can beat UTEP and Army then split with UTSA and USM we can get to six wins. Tough to see us beating LTU and WKY. 

Enjoying the ride. 

WTH happened to Army? I was about to reply that UTSA would be a safer bet, then I just looked up their [Army's] last two games.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I think we can be competitive vs every team on our schedule. I will say that much. I still find myself holding my breath when we're on offense and when our D is on the field on 3rd down. Continue to stay competitive and let the chips fall where they may. 

At that tailgate I believe I told people I truly expected to beat Marshall if we had any blocking at all by the OLine. We did, it still needs a ton of work. I really like we have a bye next week a perfect time to heal up and a great win to build on. I feel the same way about just about every game we have left on the schedule. Army at home is going to be really tough but this game is even winnable, but all the conference games look good to me. I hope we win out.

I really like what our coaches are doing and how they are preparing our team. It feels like the real thing for the first time ever. 

2 minutes ago, correcamino said:

lol what? UNT has clearly improved from last year but Rice is winless and Marshall is a 1 win team. Probably still comes down to La Tech and So Miss. UNT and UTSA battle for 3rd place. 

It is the improvement I see from week to week. I am happy camper this year now no matter what happens. But watching our Defense improve week to week makes me think anything is possible in the west, not like LaTech is a powerhouse and they do have to play us at home. Didn't you guys just hand Southern Miss a Loss? And I kind of expect a win in San Antonio. 

11 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

It is the improvement I see from week to week. I am happy camper this year now no matter what happens. But watching our Defense improve week to week makes me think anything is possible in the west, not like LaTech is a powerhouse and they do have to play us at home. Didn't you guys just hand Southern Miss a Loss? And I kind of expect a win in San Antonio. 

UTSA plays Rice in Houston Saturday, they have never won there. I'm looking at that game to give some insight into the Halloween game.

48 minutes ago, greenminer said:

WTH happened to Army? I was about to reply that UTSA would be a safer bet, then I just looked up their [Army's] last two games.

Don't know but their offense has collapsed. We've never beat them so I'm not extrememly confident but this feels like a year we'll exorcise the past.

Plus I'll be there and I'm a hell of a lucky charm. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/10/2016 at 4:27 AM, meanrob said:

Don't know but their offense has collapsed. We've never beat them so I'm not extrememly confident but this feels like a year we'll exorcise the past.

Plus I'll be there and I'm a hell of a lucky charm. 

Last week they played in a storm, which probably didn't help.

On 10/9/2016 at 7:36 PM, greenminer said:

Army's quarterback from 2015 left the school after last year. Do not know why. I was surprised they won their first three games, but those were Temple, Rice, and UTEP. If our guys defend the triple option Army offense, then we should win this game.

A week later, a win in San Antonio sends the guys home with a 3-1 conference record to face LaTech. We need loud folks in green shirts filling up Apogee to give us a home field advantage against Tech. Best case but very possible scenario, if this plays out we are 6-3 with UTEP still on the schedule.

Update: As pointed out elsewhere in this thread, that QB returned after one week. Perhaps his military obligation and options were explained to him.

Edited by rws69
new information
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Last week they played in a storm, which probably didn't help.

For a team that primarily runs the ball, you would think it would have given them an advantage to play in a storm although I can see why the trickery of the triple option would be hindered by playing in a storm.

That said, if we can catch Southern Miss, LaTech, or WKU on a rainy day, that might just be our luck!

9 minutes ago, rws69 said:

Army's quarterback from 2015 left the school after last year. Do not know why. I was surprised they won their first three games, but those were Temple, Rice, and UTEP. If our guys defend the triple option Army offense, then we should win this game.

A week later, a win in San Antonio sends the guys home with a 3-1 conference record to face LaTech. We need loud folks in green shirts filling up Apogee to give us a home field advantage against Tech. Best case but very possible scenario, if this plays out we are 6-3 with UTEP still on the schedule.

Their QB who had left came back less than a week after leaving. He's still the starter. Ahmad Bradshaw is the name.

• Upvote 1