Official Marshall Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

So it's Thursday, and no game score prediction thread yet...

Marshall is coming to Denton on a 3-game losing streak after whipping FCS Morgan State.   They are giving up a ton of pts on defense, unfortunately, they're also scoring a ton of points.   They've had a rough schedule so far, including losing to Akron big...  However, many have pointed out that their QB went down in that game with a concussion, and he's back now.   Marshall needs this one to get back on track, and to start their conference play 1-0.

NT is still struggling offensively and should be able to move the ball against Marshall a little more than what MT allowed.  The defense is certainly going to have their hands full.  I anticipate this one scoring a little more than the MT game last week, but the outcome will be another L for the good Green guys...

NT - 24
Marshall - 34

I think this game will come down to which team can drive the ball down in the final 2 minutes and put their team on top.  I am worried about our youth on offense having the ability to do this.  However, I think our defense will force a HUGE turnover and return the ball within field goal range.  We run 3 plays to inch us closer and we seal the game with a 38-yard field goal from Trevor Moore. Final Score:

Good Guys 34

Bad Guys 31

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

So it's Thursday, and no game score prediction thread yet...

Marshall is coming to Denton on a 3-game losing streak after whipping FCS Morgan State.   They are giving up a ton of pts on defense, unfortunately, they're also scoring a ton of points.   They've had a rough schedule so far, including losing to Akron big...  However, many have pointed out that their QB went down in that game with a concussion, and he's back now.   Marshall needs this one to get back on track, and to start their conference play 1-0.

NT is still struggling offensively and should be able to move the ball against Marshall a little more than what MT allowed.  The defense is certainly going to have their hands full.  I anticipate this one scoring a little more than the MT game last week, but the outcome will be another L for the good Green guys...

NT - 24
Marshall - 34

Is the part in bold really relevant?  I'm not calling you out--as I too have heard this numerous times.  But, looking at the box score, it shows that Litton threw 57 times while the backup only had two pass attempts.  Litton's absence in their game against Louisville probably did hurt them, but I'm not sure it had any impact at all on the Akron game.  Someone please clarify, if I'm missing something here.

33 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Is the part in bold really relevant?  I'm not calling you out--as I too have heard this numerous times.  But, looking at the box score, it shows that Litton threw 57 times while the backup only had two pass attempts.  Litton's absence in their game against Louisville probably did hurt them, but I'm not sure it had any impact at all on the Akron game.  Someone please clarify, if I'm missing something here.

If he was already concussed during the Akron game but stayed in, that would explain all the interceptions/fumbles. I didn't watch the game so I don't if that's the case but if it is, that could potentially explain the Akron game. If he was hurt on this play http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17570695 and it was early in the second quarter with plenty of time for him to throw the game away with poor decisions. Don't know, just speculating. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

If he was already concussed during the Akron game but stayed in, that would explain all the interceptions/fumbles. I didn't watch the game so I don't if that's the case but if it is, that could potentially explain the Akron game. If he was hurt on this play http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17570695 and it was early in the second quarter with plenty of time for him to throw the game away with poor decisions. Don't know, just speculating. 

That's fair.  Of course, he did still throw for over 400 yards and 4 TDs, so it wasn't like he was a disaster--even with the interceptions.  

57 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I think this game will come down to which team can drive the ball down in the final 2 minutes and put their team on top.  I am worried about our youth on offense having the ability to do this.  However, I think our defense will force a HUGE turnover and return the ball within field goal range.  We run 3 plays to inch us closer and we seal the game with a 38-yard field goal from Trevor Moore. Final Score:

Good Guys 34

Bad Guys 31

Ok, but I think we need some specifics and not these broad brush generalities...

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Ok, but I think we need some specifics and not these broad brush generalities...

Okay let me check my magic 8 ball lol

Uhm tipped pass LB comes down with it and gets us down to the 32-yard line.  2 run plays spike the ball field goal unit run on the field.  BALL GAME

• Upvote 1