Bowl Projections

dml7007

I don't know, the team I saw playing out there this past weekend looks like they could be striving for bowl eligibility deep in November.  I just don't think La Tech, S Miss, Marshall and MTSU are going to pile drive us like I thought they would before the season started.  I know it was one game but I had not seeing us win in Houston since like the 80's and even then that was on the highlights while living Stranger Things.  

I think San Antonio rises up and plays tough in SAT and gets us.  I think MTSU/Marshall is a split - leaning toward beating Marshall.  I think we get hammered by WKU and beat UTEP.  So that gives us 4 wins.  La Tech, Southern Miss and Army feel like toss up games to me.  We get 2 of those and we are bowling.

GMG   

The season is early, and we are very thin. We just beat an 0&4 team and we are running with it to a bowl. Injuries, or lack there of, will play and important part in how we finish. So. far So.Miss.,La. Tech.,MTSU and W.K .are the class of the conference YTD and will be hard to beat whether it be at home or on the road.

59 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I still think four wins is probably about the best case scenario...but it's nice to read.

I agree. I hope we can get something good (2 of 3) out of Army, UTEP and UTSA.  The others are really tall orders... maybe getting Marshall on a down year than they are used to will help... but, it would be a super tall order to win all four of those.   

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Little early for the bowl projections, but I like to positive publicity.  Beats the hell out of being in the Bottom Ten.

I'd order one QB per class, every class.

We have enough holes/lack of depth throughout the roster that I we need to address where we shouldn't be taking more than one good QB.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Little early for the bowl projections, but I like to positive publicity.  Beats the hell out of being in the Bottom Ten.

Back to reality - not only are we still on the Bottom 10 waiting list, but they have declared the game against Rice to be the pillow fight of the year:

2. Rice (0-4)

242.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true Rice blew a 17-0 lead and lost in a double-overtime thriller to North Texas Forty. The Owls and North Texas Forty have put the rest of the Bottom 10 on notice. Their game on Saturday wasn't merely the Pillow Fight of the Week of the Year 3 (PFOWY3). It might very well have been Pillow Fight of the Week of the Year of the Year thus far this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom092616/bottom-10-notre-dame-fighting-irish-eyes-crying