Mean Green Stadium?

StealthEagle84

No.   That is the original name of the stadium prior to Apogee paying for naming rights in 2012!!!!!   Wow, that is some very old information.

Either NT is providing ESPN the correct information, and they're just ignoring it (certainly possible).   Or someone is not doing their job.
Same with that old "North Texas" helmet they have.   If we want ESPN to be up-to-date on UNT athletics, we need to keep them up-to-date.  Hopefully that is something Wren can do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Is "Mean Green Stadium" the preferred nomenclature?  If I paid $20M, I would want my name plastered everywhere, not just on the side of the stadium.

"Across this line, you do not......"

MGS.jpg

Look at a ton of those games being picked up by ESPN3, but they can't stream UNT vs. SMU. Crazy. 

10 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Look at a ton of those games being picked up by ESPN3, but they can't stream UNT vs. SMU. Crazy. 

The only games not being streamed or televised on this screenshot have a C-USA team playing in it. I don't think it's so much about UNT vs SMU as it is a C-USA issue.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Here is C-USA Week 1 line up. Most games not being televised are C-USA teams vs. FCS schools.  But of course our game is one not being televised.  

CUSA WEEK 1.jpg

Sounds like this is all SMU's fault then!  If we were playing any other FBS team, we'd be televised!

Wink-animated-gif.gif?gs=a

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, dmaxel said:

I've noticed this on the ESPN app for every UNT home game for quite a while now. I was wondering that was ever going to get fixed.

It could be a long con to get Apogee to claim breach of contract, thus relieving them from imposing their worthless internet on campus that was to be in lieu of payment for the naming rights.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Here is C-USA Week 1 line up. Most games not being televised are C-USA teams vs. FCS schools.  But of course our game is one not being televised.  

CUSA WEEK 1.jpg

I think the games being televised/streamed have nothing to do with the C-USA teams. Those games are to stream/televise P5 programs (Louisville, Indiana, Arkansas, Kentucky). The only game being televised that has no P5s is Rice and Western Kentucky. Not a good ratio of C-USA games being televised.

• Upvote 1

People. 

This game is being broadcast on ASN on TV as well streamed. 

Just not ESPN this week, and not CBSSN anymore. 

Everyone chill and go check out the comprehensive TV listing someone else posted. Only two games not broadcast, and they'll likely be picked up by CUSATV.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Meanwhile,the Sun Belt has the following games available on ESPN3 for week one.  Its very concerning if the Sun Belt has better TV exposure than CUSA. 

• Montana St. @ Idaho
  • Ball St. @ Georgia St.
  • Boise St. @ La-La
  • Savannah St. @ Georgia Southern
  • Austin Peay @ Troy
  • Southern @ La-Monroe

Sun Belt.jpg

I think to get more TV coverage, the Sun Belt agreed to more Thursday and Friday night games whereas CUSA has fewer of those types of games. 

• Upvote 1