FIX THIS SH#$ RICK

Green P1

6 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

Stealing a quote from the brilliant Dez Bryant...  Has anyone else noticed/been driven insane by the loose and flapping in the wind access panel on top of the I35 Apogee video board??

image_zpsmoqfbyaf.jpg

For at least the past 6-7 months it has been flapping in the wind.   Rain or shine snow or sleet it sits up there flapping looking like a broken piece of trash. How hard would it be to rent a bucket truck and send a maintenance man up there to tighten down the two or three screws???

Maybe I'm just too anal and I'm the only one who's noticed it but...

COME'ON MAN

Thought everything on that side of the stadium was done to accent the wing,,,,no?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

Stealing a quote from the brilliant Dez Bryant...  Has anyone else noticed/been driven insane by the loose and flapping in the wind access panel on top of the I35 Apogee video board??

image_zpsmoqfbyaf.jpg

For at least the past 6-7 months it has been flapping in the wind.   Rain or shine snow or sleet it sits up there flapping looking like a broken piece of trash. How hard would it be to rent a bucket truck and send a maintenance man up there to tighten down the two or three screws???

Maybe I'm just too anal and I'm the only one who's noticed it but...

COME'ON MAN

The A & S on the North side of Apogee is also out. Right now we are University of North Tex. It comes as an expectation. Didn't really even bat an eye at it, until I read your post. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

I'm beginning to think this is typical of North Texas.  What a shame.  Very embarrassing.

Yep, this is Rick Villarreal, and I'm beginning to believe Neal Smatresk, in action. 

Maybe they can rent a plane to drag that banner behind...

F'n embarrassing.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 10

The more important question is why haven't you taken it upon yourself to fix this. 

I saw a piece of trash the other day and I picked it up and threw it in the duck pond, and now the grass looks prettier. It made me feel good.

Gosh, we live in a generation of entitled people. You think UH fixes it's own panels? No! People call in 100 a day to fix it for them. They don't have to advertise that they need panels fixed, why should we?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

You would think they could sell a couple of Benny's suits to pay for a repair.

Gateway to the university is an embarassment. And it's managed by Rick Villarreal...

Driving by today... There's an access lower down the sign... Guarantee there's a ladder inside that one could simply climb up and fasten that panel down... NO NEED TO EVEN RENT A BUCKET TRUCK!!!

#FIXTHISSH#$RICK

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

You would think they could sell a couple of Benny's suits to pay for a repair.

Gateway to the university is an embarassment. And it's mismanaged by Rick Villarreal...

FIFY

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I love you guys, even 90, and support 99.9% of what y'all have to say. 

But sometimes I can't tell if y'all are being tongue-in-cheek. 
If y'all are serious, lemme say this:

UNT is a state institution. Ricky V has nothing to do with the sign physically. Neither does athletics.

This is something for Facilities to deal with. And when you call them, ask them to MAKE THE DAMN SIGN DIMMER AT NIGHT. I'M BLINDED AT NIGHT WHEN I DRIVE PAST.

https://facilities.unt.edu/depts/maintenance

• Phone: 940-891-6853
  • Hours: 7:30am - 5:00pm Monday thru Friday

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, TheWestie said:

UNT is a state institution. Ricky V has nothing to do with the sign physically. Neither does athletics.

This is something for Facilities to deal with. And when you call them, ask them to MAKE THE DAMN SIGN DIMMER AT NIGHT. I'M BLINDED AT NIGHT WHEN I DRIVE PAST.

Correct, but someone, anyone, from the AD should be on facilities night and day to fix that crap. Its an eyesore at the entrance to the university. It's closet in proximity to Apogee Stadium and the athletic complex. It's on property utilized by the AD. Get and stay on their ass until they get it done. As someone who has done this, it's simply what you have to do to get things done. You damn sure don't throw up an advertising banner and give facilities a reason to delay the repair.

Next thing you will do is blame facilities for not putting in seat backs.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, TheWestie said:

The sign is the only bright spot at the stadium these days.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1