FIX THIS SH#$ RICK

Green P1

On April 4, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Aldo said:

The more important question is why haven't you taken it upon yourself to fix this. 

I saw a piece of trash the other day and I picked it up and threw it in the duck pond, and now the grass looks prettier. It made me feel good.

Gosh, we live in a generation of entitled people. You think UH fixes it's own panels? No! People call in 100 a day to fix it for them. They don't have to advertise that they need panels fixed, why should we?

^^^^^^^

underrated

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Correct, but someone, anyone, from the AD should be on facilities night and day to fix that crap. Its an eyesore at the entrance to the university. It's closet in proximity to Apogee Stadium and the athletic complex. It's on property utilized by the AD. Get and stay on their ass until they get it done. As someone who has done this, it's simply what you have to do to get things done. You damn sure don't throw up an advertising banner and give facilities a reason to delay the repair.

Next thing you will do is blame facilities for not putting in seat backs.

Can you imagine Rick V putting out that much effort, plus Rick is so used to his own lips flapping in the wind why would he even notice something like this? 

On 4/7/2016 at 10:20 PM, TheWestie said:

I love you guys, even 90, and support 99.9% of what y'all have to say. 

But sometimes I can't tell if y'all are being tongue-in-cheek. 
If y'all are serious, lemme say this:

UNT is a state institution. Ricky V has nothing to do with the sign physically. Neither does athletics.

This is something for Facilities to deal with. And when you call them, ask them to MAKE THE DAMN SIGN DIMMER AT NIGHT. I'M BLINDED AT NIGHT WHEN I DRIVE PAST.

https://facilities.unt.edu/depts/maintenance

• Phone: 940-891-6853
  • Hours: 7:30am - 5:00pm Monday thru Friday

It may not be his job, but don't you want a an AD who sees that, thinks it's unacceptable, and personally sees to it that it gets fixed immediately. I never talk about Rick, but we really need someone who is driven to make UNT athletics great. We're never going to be more than the Mud Dawgs when we have an AD giving half assed effort. 

• Upvote 6

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:20 PM, TheWestie said:

I love you guys, even 90, and support 99.9% of what y'all have to say. 

But sometimes I can't tell if y'all are being tongue-in-cheek. 
If y'all are serious, lemme say this:

UNT is a state institution. Ricky V has nothing to do with the sign physically. Neither does athletics.

This is something for Facilities to deal with. And when you call them, ask them to MAKE THE DAMN SIGN DIMMER AT NIGHT. I'M BLINDED AT NIGHT WHEN I DRIVE PAST.

https://facilities.unt.edu/depts/maintenance

• Phone: 940-891-6853
  • Hours: 7:30am - 5:00pm Monday thru Friday

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous answer to the problem.  Apogee Stadium and all the athletic facilities, including signage around said facilities, falls under the direction of RV.  I walk the facilities I manage daily, and although it is not my responsibility to conduct repairs, I report everything I see to the departments that are responsible.

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

Good God you should have seen that thing flapping around in those big storms this week.  I guess the best we can hope is that it'll just randomly fly off one day. 

#rickstillaintfixedthissh*%

Not that I would wish harm on any human being, but if Dan McCarney were to be hit with a flying piece of Apogee signage then I think we are off the hook for the rest of his contract.  Maybe this is actually outside of the box cost control that we should applaud RV for?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Not that I would wish harm on any human being, but if Dan McCarney were to be hit with a flying piece of Apogee signage then I think we are off the hook for the rest of his contract.  Maybe this is actually outside of the box cost control that we should applaud RV for?

is there a bar under or around the sign? 

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

Good God you should have seen that thing flapping around in those big storms this week.  I guess the best we can hope is that it'll just randomly fly off one day. 

#rickstillaintfixedthissh*%

How about I start a gofundme account to REMOVE the banner?

Win win?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

23 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

I guess I missed it, why a hung fabric banner on an electronic sign? Is it covering graffiti or storm damage?

The video board is out and this is the university's solution.

And Rick Villarreal just lets it happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

On April 15, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Green P1 said:

#idontknowwhyanyonethinksthevideoboardisoutitworksjustfinebutrickwontfixtheflappingaccespanel

#seewhatyouvedonerick

So, if the video board isn't out, why do they have a cheesy tarp sign covering it, or attracted to the Apogee sign? Why doesn't Rudy's just advertise on that video board?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

On April 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM, NorthTexan95 said:

My question is why is there a banner to be waving?  We have an electronic screen on that sign.  Why not use that? 

What banner?  From the picture attached, this does not look like a banner. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

On April 14, 2016 at 0:08 PM, Cerebus said:

You don't set that up until the cover is flapping around loosely on just one hinge.  

That's it!!  We've always heard there's nothing a little Grey Goose can't fix.  We can just have McCarney climb up & slap some Grey Goose on there.  Good as new!

Kinda scary though...  How do we encourage him to climb up?

1 hour ago, THOR said:

Just drove by...flap is still up...

That has to be good for the interior of that structure considering the recent rain. Is the Rudy's sign a banner/tarp?  It does not appear so from the pictures in this thread but other's have made comment that it is. 

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

That has to be good for the interior of that structure considering the recent rain. Is the Rudy's sign a banner/tarp?  It does not appear so from the pictures in this thread but other's have made comment that it is. 

About 100% certain that it is an electronic board that rotates messages and advertisement.