Uh season ticket sales

kingwoodgreen

1 hour ago, kingwoodgreen said:

Can anyone post today's article on houstons season tickets sales? It is upsetting to read but great barometer of what it takes to get butts in seats. 

Truly depressing. 

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/cougars/article/UH-s-season-ticket-streak-a-sign-of-the-good-times-6852885.php 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I miss radio, especially late night am talk shows that were obscure.

the article states that since 1/25 they are selling 100 NEW season tickets a day. Hiring Herman and the unexpected success from last year really has boosted their local interest. And they are doing a huge upgrade to baseball field. This school frustrates me as I would never be interested in the campus or its location.

But they do have history (basketball included), some money donors and tier one status somehow. this is the school I saw as our closet rival in many areas but see them pulling away somehow. New bball digs coming soon for them also

On 2/24/2016 at 2:49 AM, Cougar King said:

We're just following the Louisville model.

I see this first hand and jurich is the man. I say nt goes after jurich jr as the next ad and give him what he needs to replicate daddy's success. Jr jus secured 5t mil for a footbal stadium/ facilities expansion. On to of the new academic center being built underneath the endzone stands. Louisville is the best athletic department in the country. Once they get their profile up and move to the big 10 where they belong, people will forget we used to be theor peers and see them as a blue blood type of program and that is ALL a product of Tom Jurich. 

On 2/25/2016 at 1:49 PM, GreenTexan13 said:

"Back at the ticket office, Smoley said it has become "sort of a stock market-type" watch each day. A white board tracks the number of sales. On some days, the phone has been ringing nonstop. They had more than 400 new sales in one day. On another, they reached the mark by lunchtime. On Feb. 16 came the "Daily Double" - 100 new and 100 renewals."

"Most of the lower bowl, as of late Wednesday, is sold out except for a few pockets of seats in five sections."

This is what happens when you win, beat a P5 in a bowl game, and shrug off U of Texas from poaching your coach. I truly envy the way Houston has stepped up to the plate and done something with their football program. UNT needs to take out the notebook and start taking notes... Preferably without Rick Villareal...

Be careful when you speak of RV. Someone might come along and start using bad language, or start name calling just to get the thread locked. I think it's becoming a trend.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On February 27, 2016 at 6:12 PM, MeanGreen13 said:

I see this first hand and jurich is the man. I say nt goes after jurich jr as the next ad and give him what he needs to replicate daddy's success. Jr jus secured 5t mil for a footbal stadium/ facilities expansion. On to of the new academic center being built underneath the endzone stands. Louisville is the best athletic department in the country. Once they get their profile up and move to the big 10 where they belong, people will forget we used to be theor peers and see them as a blue blood type of program and that is ALL a product of Tom Jurich. 

Hold on a second. Talking about Loisville and their big stadium expansion, I'm pretty sure it's called Papa Johns for a reason. 

Edit: actually the owner of Papa Johns paid for the naming rights ($5 million) when the expansion took place.  And the are about to expand again.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Hold on a second. Talking about Loisville and their big stadium expansion, I'm pretty sure it's called Papa Johns for a reason. 

Edit: actually the owner of Papa Johns paid for the naming rights ($5 million) when the expansion took place.  And the are about to expand again.

Meanwhile, back in Denton, a small group of big donors continue to defend failure...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Meanwhile, back in Denton, a small group of big donors continue to defend failure...

And, and UNT90, who doesn't care, continues to show how much he doesn't care by posting multiple replies to every thread throughout his workdays and weekends.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

How many times will we have the same conversation? Sigh...

I didn't know who or even if we played Saturday until I saw a 2 post game thread on here. When your hard core fans don't care anymore, your program has problems. 

But this is UNT, so that should go without saying...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 2/25/2016 at 4:49 PM, Cougar King said:

We're just following the Louisville model.

On 2/26/2016 at 8:07 PM, UNT90 said:

Screw that. UNT is following the UNT model.

Are you SURE these quotes didn't come from a football coach now residing in Austin?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You mean to tell me that UH hired a P5 assistant over a coach with head coaching experience and have found success?  Did they even look at Willke Fritz or the ghost of Woodie Hayes!?  Hell must be freezing over.

Because UH and UNT are the same job...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder how much Seth read on GMG.com before taking the job?   I hope he did because it means he has extreme confidence in his coaching ability and he teams.  Does he know how pathetic the  Athletic Department is?  I would like to look at the bright side and say that he has and that he views UNT as more than a mere quick stepping stone to better things.  On the dark side if he is successful it might keep RV around longer to run the other sports further into the ground.  And I disagree that the article is depressing.   it only depressing if make you realize that UNT's administration aren't committed to winning or even a creating football program that can break even financially.  Sooner or later that will spell doom for UNT at the FBS level.   And comparing Houston to UNT is not a meaningful comparison.  Houston has invested more into athletics for over 50 years.  What should depress UNT fans are programs that have started since 2000 kicking our asses on the field and court with regularity.   The fact that Texas State and UTSA for all extensive purpose have programs just as good as our now should get the AD fired.  I wish Houston continued success because they earned community support and their administration is committed to keeping it.  It only here at UNT that the community get blame for not supporting a bad product. 

I wish we could set up a go-fund-me with a target goal of 500K only to be release to UNT Athletics if they fire RV.   That is on $5 from 100,000 local UNT students, alumni, faculty and fans.   The problem is that we don't have 100,000 people who care enough to let go of $5.