Mason and Jason

Greenrex

"Mason Fine and Jason Pirtle made it official on Wednesday — one full week after National Signing Day — when they signed national letters of intent to play college football at the University of North Texas."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sports/highschools/mason-and-jason-a-week-late-with-no-regrets/article_9e6136ae-6284-593a-aee4-a9409060bc36.html#.Vrwas4qaBNA.twitter

(Admin: Don't know if this is the right place to post this...feel free to move it. Thanks!)

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Quoner said:

This is all great, but kind of bummed this is the only thread I've opened so far today on the football forum without UNT90 lecturing people.

Shut it, mofo! Don't lecture me on lecturing you. That's my job!!!!!!1!!!11!!!!

Wait, I called you a mofo. Maybe I should be banned?

Question. No answer.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Shut it, mofo! Don't lecture me on lecturing you. That's my job!!!!!!1!!!11!!!!

Wait, I called you a mofo. Maybe I should be banned?

Question. No answer.

/Creates UNT9o

I am a poop and I smell like poop.

Boom. Roasted.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hate to nit-pic the article, but Mason would have had to officially signed last week or Littrell wouldn't be able to talk about him. Pirtle didn't sign a NLI. I guess this was their school's signing ceremony that they delayed for a week. 

Sorry, I know, buzz killington. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

back to topic.  Fine is the sort of quarterback that I have been begging for.  Mac had (with the exception of the red head, which is stood next to several times and was 2 or 3 inches shorter than the program said) unreasonable parameters and expectations for his quarterbacks.  This kid can flat play.  Tyler Tettleton was under six foot tall and could flat play football.  I for one and glad that we finally are going with "football players".  The difference between senior year to sophomore year in college could be huge with this kid if he just grows another inch and gains 20 pounds.  According to all accounts he has a rocket arm

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

back to topic.  Fine is the sort of quarterback that I have been begging for.  Mac had (with the exception of the red head, which is stood next to several times and was 2 or 3 inches shorter than the program said) unreasonable parameters and expectations for his quarterbacks.  This kid can flat play.  Tyler Tettleton was under six foot tall and could flat play football.  I for one and glad that we finally are going with "football players".  The difference between senior year to sophomore year in college could be huge with this kid if he just grows another inch and gains 20 pounds.  According to all accounts he has a rocket arm

I have no issue with his size, again, we play in CUSA not the SEC or even the Big 12.  People look for reasons to complain.  

• Upvote 6

Totally agree Fly !.     As a G5 school, we have to take some risks to achieve greatness.    I love having both Fine and Pirtle on our roster.    Whether or not they are successful here, I would expect that their heart and work ethic will be infectious.

I honestly believe that both of these guys see the field together at NT someday.   I certainly want to be there when it happens.

Also, the media will be following the progress of these kids.    And, that is publicity for the university.

Welcome Mason and Jason !

9 minutes ago, Dr. Seuss said:

I have no issue with his size, again, we play in CUSA not the SEC or even the Big 12.  People look for reasons to complain.  

I don't have a problem with his height, it's his weight that worries me. And the fact that he played low level football in Oklahoma. 

He needs to put on 20 to 30 pounds to avoid injuries. If you read the articles, he has been doing everything in his power to do this, his metabolism just hasn't cooperated. 

I wouldn't expect him to grow another inch. I think it was Travis (??) who knows the family and says there isn't any height in his mom or dad to expect this to happen. And that's Fine ?, weight is the much bigger issue.

If his arm and intelligence are as advertised, he could compete for the job as a redshirt Frosh. The question will always be: Can he stay upright? Dodge couldn't. 

Hopefully Fine can. 

1 hour ago, flyonthewall said:

I would rather be called a mofo any day than a jackass.......just saying

I'd rather be called a jackass than an enabler... Just saying...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 10

9 hours ago, Greenrex said:

"Mason Fine and Jason Pirtle made it official on Wednesday — one full week after National Signing Day — when they signed national letters of intent to play college football at the University of North Texas."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sports/highschools/mason-and-jason-a-week-late-with-no-regrets/article_9e6136ae-6284-593a-aee4-a9409060bc36.html#.Vrwas4qaBNA.twitter

(Admin: Don't know if this is the right place to post this...feel free to move it. Thanks!)

We sure have gotten some nice pub out of Tulsa World! Thanks

19 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I don't have a problem with his height, it's his weight that worries me. And the fact that he played low level football in Oklahoma. 

He needs to put on 20 to 30 pounds to avoid injuries. If you read the articles, he has been doing everything in his power to do this, his metabolism just hasn't cooperated. 

I think you answered your own question.  One of the reasons why he probably couldnt put on a lot of weight in HS is because he played in a low level HS in Oklahoma.  Going to college should change that in a heartbeat.  

Again, I think we're trying to compare Fine to Patrick Mahomes or something.  

They're a lot of college qb's that are undersized.  Riley was injury prone in HS, so again, I think that's a bad comparison.  

But I understand why you're worried about his weight.  I just dont think its something to worry about, time will correct that.

Edited by Dr. Seuss