Drinking Question

NTAlum09

1 minute ago, NTAlum09 said:

On a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the highest. How drunk did you get watching the UNT games last season? What were you drinking and why you picked that type of beverage?

Sorry it's been a long week at work and I'm ready roll into Wine and More in Frisco.

Vodka, lots of it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I get drunk regardless. A hot tailgating day and and some cold beer can really sneak up on ya.

Last season- 8-10 on a drunk scale

I drink the beer. But Jello shots put the misery out quicker...

Side Note: Last year's Portland State game had me go out on 3 pints of Guinness..

Portland State I finished an 18 pack

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

You don't know how much money I wasted on bringing my family down for that embarrassing game.

I fortunately, didn't bring anybody with me to that game. I however brought a crowd to the SMU game last year... And I think that signed off a lot of them from attending a UNT game for awhile. I sat in a car driving home and had to listen to them rant about how bad that game was....yeah it's a s*** feeling for sure.

15 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I fortunately, didn't bring anybody with me to that game. I however brought a crowd to the SMU game last year... And I think that signed off a lot of them from attending a UNT game for awhile. I sat in a car driving home and had to listen to them rant about how bad that game was....yeah it's a s*** feeling for sure.

Man, that same thing has happened so many times over the years...in both football and mens hoops.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Went to the first 2 games of the year and wised up really quick. 

*My nephew begged me to take him to the WKU game when he was in town. We went. I was embarassed even in fromt of my 9 year old nephew because of theattendance, lack of competitiveness, and at the fact that he didn't have fun. 

I watched the UTEP game but Greer forced my hand to change the channel with his spectacular 1 play. 

I suffered from severe indifference last season. It's leaked over into bball season and is still lingering. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

North Texas fan mentality pre 2012- Remain quiet while people talk about college football. Speak up about hoops (at least we have basketball)

North Texas fan mentality in 2013- Talk about college football with your fellow SEC and Big 12 team fan buddies. Don't get to cocky... But your are given the right to speak highly of the Mean Green Defense when it comes down to it. Suck it TCU and Texas

North Texas fan post 2014- Just remain quiet about sports, roll your eyes when someone bad mouths UNT... But never speak up or argue about it. Walk into an establishment IN DENTON and hesitate a little to ask them to switch over from a P5 game to a UNT football game.

2016: Please lord, make Littrell the guy who gets it for us. We have been clowned 3 times now since the early 00's... Just let Littrell bring us that 2013-in-your-face feeling again!

Pretty much.

I really think Littrell will get us to that 2013 type level again in 2018.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

*My nephew begged me to take him to the WKU game when he was in town. We went. I was embarassed even in fromt of my 9 year old nephew because of theattendance, lack of competitiveness, and at the fact that he didn't have fun. 

I watched the UTEP game but Greer forced my hand to change the channel with his spectacular 1 play. 

I suffered from severe indifference last season. It's leaked over into bball season and is still lingering. 

If you felt that way with your 9-year old nephew, imagine how you would have felt with your 29-year old buddy or your 39-year old neighbor or co-worker...especially if those adults went to a P5 school somewhere. I learned a looonnng time ago that a UNT home game is best attended with fellow alums or alumni of FCS/D-2 schools. Its better with Apogee, obviously, but if you want to talk about embarrassing, imagine taking an adult that went to a P5 giant with you to watch a UNT game played at home against a SBC team played at Fouts...I did that exactly once, only to hear nothing but laughter at neighborhood parties afterwards for years, as he described going to watch us get spanked by a Florida "Airport", in front of about 6000 people, sitting on a bench seat that felt like he was a mile and a half away from the field...just a bit different from his days at Auburn.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Ben is a good study of recent alums. High on sports fresh out of college, full of dreams of what could be for UNT athletics. Several years go by and he truly learns about the program, the AD for life that has run it into the ground, the big donors that don't care and make sure the AD and his losing "vision" hang around, how others from his college years have moved on with there life and rarely mention UNT, much less UNT athletics, and starts to wonder if there are better things to do with his free time (like watching grass grow or airplanes take off). 

Slowly, Ben drifts away, letting other things in his life take priority over his UNT fandom, until one August day, he can't tell you who UNT plays for the home opener or the date of the game. And he's perfectly fine not knowing. Or caring. Ben has long ago stopped donating any money to the program, after all. 

Ben eventually becomes one of the other 70,000 DFW alumni who couldn't give a crap about UNT athletics. But hey, the 17 still have RV, losing sports, and 1k at the basketball game...

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 6

8 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

If you felt that way with your 9-year old nephew, imagine how you would have felt with your 29-year old buddy or your 39-year old neighbor or co-worker...especially if those adults went to a P5 school somewhere. I learned a looonnng time ago that a UNT home game is best attended with fellow alums or alumni of FCS/D-2 schools. Its better with Apogee, obviously, but if you want to talk about embarrassing, imagine taking an adult that went to a P5 giant with you to watch a UNT game played at home against a SBC team played at Fouts...I did that exactly once, only to hear nothing but laughter at neighborhood parties afterwards for years, as he described going to watch us get spanked by a Florida "Airport", in front of about 6000 people, sitting on a bench seat that felt like he was a mile and a half away from the field...just a bit different from his days at Auburn.

Imagine working with an Alabama alum and going through all of the 2015 season with UNT on the worst end of the FBS scale and Bama is on the best of the end of the FBS. Yes, I dealt with it everyday.... His sarcastic "I think we played y'all a few years ago, North Texas State?" as he would say to me.... Or having siblings who graduated from Arkansas... So guess who gets to talk the talk and watch the football games during the holidays? I'm right there with you Jim.... I'm a recent grad ('13) but I will still follow UNT football like the older generations on here when I get to that age.

BTW, I Lol'd at the Florida International Airport comment. I have never heard that one before... Hahaha.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Imagine working with an Alabama alum and going through all of the 2015 season with UNT on the worst end of the FBS scale and Bama is on the best of the end of the FBS. Yes, I dealt with it everyday.... His sarcastic "I think we played y'all a few years ago, North Texas State?" as he would say to me.... Or having siblings who graduated from Arkansas... So guess who gets to talk the talk and watch the football games during the holidays? I'm right there with you Jim.... I'm a recent grad ('13) but I will still follow UNT football like the older generations on here when I get to that age.

BTW, I Lol'd at the Florida International Airport comment. I have never heard that one before... Hahaha.

My alltime favorite passive-aggressive comment about our usual suckitude in football: "Well, all I know is that if we had to play yall in a music performance, yall would kick our ass..."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, NTAlum09 said:

On a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the highest. How drunk did you get watching the UNT games last season? What were you drinking and why you picked that type of beverage?

Sorry it's been a long week at work and I'm ready roll into Wine and More in Frisco.

This is a very tricky question to answer.. I guess we should start with this: After we gave up 21 points in the 4th quarter to blow that game at SMOO, I gave up on the season.  I seriously did. You could tell at that point the 2015 squad had no fight.

BUT I did drink my pain away that night. 

So to answer your question, I was at a 4 during the game & a 11 afterwards.

54 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Ben is a good study of recent alums. High on sports fresh out of college, full of dreams of what could be for UNT athletics. Several years go by and he truly learns about the program, the AD for life that has run it into the ground, the big donors that don't care and make sure the AD and his losing "vision" hang around, how others from his college years have moved on with there life and rarely mention UNT, much less UNT athletics, and starts to wonder if there are better things to do with his free time (like watching grass grow or airplanes take off). 

Slowly, Ben drifts away, letting other things in his life take priority over his UNT fandom, until one August day, he can't tell you who UNT plays for the home opener or the date of the game. And he's perfectly fine not knowing. Or caring. Ben has long ago stopped donating any money to the program, after all. 

Ben eventually becomes one of the other 70,000 DFW alumni who couldn't give a crap about UNT athletics. But hey, the 17 still have RV, losing sports, and 1k at the basketball game...

I don't want to get off thread topic but I just wanted to add a quick nugget.

During the height of the HOD Bowl year, I was in a fraternity (yes, bring on any jokes you got) and we absolutely STRUGGLED to get people to want to come to tailgates because of the ingrained perception that UNT athletics created.

1 hour ago, GreenTexan13 said:

North Texas fan mentality pre 2012- Remain quiet while people talk about college football. Speak up about hoops (at least we have basketball)

North Texas fan mentality in 2013- Talk about college football with your fellow SEC and Big 12 team fan buddies. Don't get to cocky... But your are given the right to speak highly of the Mean Green Defense when it comes down to it. Suck it TCU and Texas

North Texas fan post 2014- Just remain quiet about sports, roll your eyes when someone bad mouths UNT... But never speak up or argue about it. Walk into an establishment IN DENTON and hesitate a little to ask them to switch over from a P5 game to a UNT football game.

2016: Please lord, make Littrell the guy who gets it for us. We have been clowned 3 times now since the early 00's... Just let Littrell bring us that 2013-in-your-face feeling again!

This.  Times 1000